Creating custom health/username displays, where would I start?

Hello,

I am attempting to loosely recreate the health/username display from 2012/2013/2014 [ the one that appears above a players head ].
Something like this:
example
[ Sorry for the uh, low quality image - I ripped it straight from a 2014 screenshot I had haha ]

I figured using BillboardGuis would be the best, and easiest, way to replicate the appearance, so I’ve got that part down, the part I need help with specifically is disabling the default health bar and cloning the custom one to each player, permanently. What would be the best method to execute something like this?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I couldn’t find any concrete answers, most posts relate to a HUD healthbar rather than something that appears above the players heads.

1. To not show the normal Health bar, just do
Humanoid.HealthDisplayType = Enum.HumanoidHealthDisplayType.AlwaysOff

or just set it to false in the property tab.
2. to clone it to a player’s character when they spawn, just listen for the players CharacterAdded Event.

game.Players.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(plr)
plr.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(char)
local gui --gui here
gui:Clone().Parent = char.Head --idk whatever part
end)
end)

Agh, I feel silly for not realizing I could’ve just disabled the default display through StarterPlayer, thank you for your help! Your solution is far more simple compared to mine!