Creating sun ray effects on windows

I have a hall filled with windows, and I want to create a sun ray effect on each window. Using the built-in SunRay lighting effect, I get a nice look but it only works on windows you can physically see the sun through.

How should I recreate the sun ray lighting effect from the first window, except for all of the windows?

2 Likes

You could add an angled part that’s neon orange, with a transparency of 0.8. The part should be angled in a way where one of the part’s sides fits the whole window, then extend the part’s length all the way until it goes through the floor. I hope this makes sense!

Use beams or transparent parts for the similar effect.

I tried using transparent parts, but they don’t align perfectly with the window shape. Also, there are visible surfaces where the parts connect, even when I union them.

Any ideas on how I should do the beams? I don’t have a lot of experience with beams or particles

Actually got the beams to work, I used just a white line for the texture and used these properties:

Thanks for the suggestions!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.