Creating terrain in roblox from blender mesh?

So, I’ve created the baseline for what is the terrain for my game in blender.

I need it to be in roblox, with the mesh being represented by smooth terrain (its breddy big)
I believe there was once a plugin for creating smooth terrain out of an .obj file, but can’t anymore find that.

I could possibly create a heightmap from it and use @VolcanoINC 's Heightmap importer, but it makes everything blocky, needing dozens of hours of after-edits to smoothen out all the terrain

So how would I go about this, or are there better ways?

1 Like

Consider using Weeve’s BuildIn library to import your mesh as parts, and then use Quenty’s part to terrain plugin.

4 Likes

Well sadly it seems the library you recommended isn’t able to handle my terrain causing script timeouts (its a bit over a million lines in .obj format)

You could try doing it in sections at a time.

wait for the official terrain importer?

I have tried it already (editing a FFLag to get it), but sadly everything is blocky like seen in the picture

Probably due to the color range in heightmaps not being accurate enough for smooth surfaces

1 Like

i see. have you tried smoothing the height map by blurring the colours into each other a bit to see if that helps?

I tried gaussian blur, and it does help a “bit”, but do it enough to help and most terrain features get lost entirely because of the blur

1 Like