Creation of a game like meepcity

hello my name is zenocif i am a french developer and i would like to learn to script better!
Today I present to you a game that I am forced to dev on my own! It’s a game a bit like meep city or adopt me!

TEST GAME:

IMAGE:

notice please:

3 Likes

Hi.
It’s rather hard to see the map because of the blur but the map appears quite oversaturated-- you should add ore to the map before I can actually judge.
The UI looks fine.There’s not much I can say so far but try to add better terrain and less blur.
It should be noted that while you want to make a game like meepcity or maybe a (french?) version of meepcity-- I don’t think you should as this just seems like a copy of the game meepcity and will overall get you hate. Hope I helped

4 Likes

I guess you could make the game less French type.
I don’t know how to read French and many players wouldn’t understand too.

2 Likes

thank you for your answer you are right i may be abandoning the project !
and yes I try to create a social game in French

2 Likes

okey, my next game will not be in french

2 Likes

I am currently working on a patch, to stand out from adopting me and meep city!
a sociable game in a forest

2 Likes

What do you think ?

1 Like

Great idea moving away from being overly similar to Adopt Me or MeepCity. Adding your own touches and ideas to it makes it more unique and personal to you, which may help you from abandoning the project.

The lighting effects may be a bit much, but they do add a sort of cartoon-y feel? It’s not bad, but if that isn’t the direction you’re taking it, it could feel out of place.

Don’t worry about the language, just get some translators that can translate French to English (and many other languages)! That’s what it’s all about. Good luck!

1 Like

I wanted to give a little cartoon and simple touch to my games, thanks for the comment, I’m just starting out in programming

1 Like

Wish you the best on your adventure in game development!

If you want to read up more about the details of translating your game to more languages, check out the Introduction to Localization on the Developer Hub. If you can find a French to English translator (or do it yourself - your English isn’t bad!), you can write in your native language and have an accurate translation for English speaking players.

1 Like