Creator AMA (Economy) with Antoni & Enrico Tomorrow!

Hi Creators,

For those who don’t know us, our names are Antoni (@Tone), VP of Engineering and Enrico (@Rester951), VP of Product.

We are excited to announce that tomorrow, Wednesday, May 22nd from 10AM to 12PM PT we are hosting a Creator ‘Ask me Anything’ on the DevForum surrounding the topic of Economy!

That means we will dive into your questions on anything related to Roblox’s Creator economy, such as:

• Experience Monetization
  • Creator Store & Marketplace
  • Advertising
  • Real-World Commerce
  • And more!

Roblox is one of the largest virtual economies in the world and payouts to creators are higher than ever. Our platform’s GDP has grown to $3.5B in 2023 - larger than some countries. Our vision for the Creator economy is to foster a thriving ecosystem where participation is seamless, and where creators of all sizes are empowered to build and scale a business.

For tomorrow, please limit your questions to one per reply instead of asking multiple questions all at once. This helps ensure we have an opportunity to respond to as many unique questions and individual Creators, as possible. Additionally, keep your questions concise.

We hope that you will join us tomorrow and look forward to answering your questions.
See you soon!

84 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Certainly a wonderful initiative.
My suggestion is for others similar “events” like this is to host them on Events Roblox it will definitely be more interesting and fun for everyone that want to participate.

21 Likes

Can we post questions here already or will it be a separate topic?

7 Likes

I am not sure how to feel about this. Last time when I asked a question it was skipped over and ignored despite following the set guidelines.

9 Likes
  1. Is Roblox officially allowing creators to use popular Roblox IP’s like Dominus, Valk, etc. There are many of these items on the catalog now which are not moderated but there has never been any official word from roblox on the policy, if any.

2. Is Roblox okay with users acting as vigilante moderators, using the European illegal content reporting form to take down popular items? Large UGC creators have been affected like this, such as Reverse_Polarity and Blizzei, the latter who was actually terminated (unterminated now) over this abuse.

3. How does Roblox feel about being fully on the hook for the multiple billions worth of robux paid out as refunds from abuse of the same euro form? Not only is this a robux dupe, the vast majority of the robux earned from the deleted items has been cashed out long ago.

4. What steps are being taken, if any, to compensate creators that have had their items falsely deleted through abuse of the European DSA form? When an item is deleted, it loses algorithm relevance, and when an item is deleted for more than a week, refunds are processed. It is exceedingly rare for the UGC support team to restore items in under 1 week, so more often than not, refunds will be processed and the creator can lose thousands of dollars.

5. Why is the support team incapable of restoring revoked UGC permissions and what steps are being taken to remedy this, if any? User Wingardxxm needed to create a devforum post asking for help because support did nothing to help, and did not involve higher up management. User Muffinzs the YouTuber had to go through the star program to get their perms back.

6. What steps are being taken, if any, to mitigate abuse of the DMCA system? Currently, there are no Roblox-sided consequences for a creator falsely striking another creator, and the falsely striked creator can have their entire business halted for several weeks. As recent as a few days ago, a massive oversight in the DMCA system was exploited to have hundreds of items taken down, and many creators terminated (I personally had over 60 items deleted due to this abuse).

7. Why does Roblox restrict the size of UGC items so much but regularly make available to users items that are absurdly large uploaded by Roblox? There is huge demand for larger items as seen by the (now patched) hat bounds bypass, and Roblox only stands to gain from increasing the bounds limitation. If categorization is an issue, simply creating a subcategory (hat & hat: oversized) solves this issue and can be toggled off by a developer if necessary, similarly to layered clothing. The restriction of creative freedom is not in the best interest of a company that is not profitable.

8. Why is Roblox telling creators that their miscategorized items will be taken offsale instead of offering a method to change the item’s categorization? This functionality exists for Roblox owned items. An example can be seen in Night Vision Goggles. Despite this item being a face item it has a hat attachment. By forcing items offsale, this removes highly sold items from the algorithm, lowering revenue for both creators and Roblox. Not to mention the giant middle finger to the creator, of 750 upload and 1500 onsale fee, to remove the item from the algorithm.

9. Why has Roblox continuously refused to allow PBR accessories when a) the technology already exists with compatibility for both R6 and R15 (Gold Clockwork Headphones has PBR) and b) the technology already exists for layered clothing items and, specifically hats that have been turned into layered clothing due to Roblox’s lack of feature support? What is the reason why this has not been enabled yet? PBR for me, but not for thee?

10. Why does Roblox not allow items that completely cover the character instead of simply creating a category for these items? In a roleplay or hangout setting, having your character be a fridge or vending machine is perfectly acceptable and something that would be in demand. In other games where this disrupts gameplay and similarly to layered clothing, a developer can toggle this category off.

37 Likes

You’ll have to post your questions one at a time tomorrow, the AMA isn’t today.

6 Likes

Noted, thanks. I’ll check back to this category tomorrow.

10 Likes

Save your questions! There will be a new post tomorrow where we will kick off the AMA :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I think these events should be listed there, but the live-stream format would make it harder to summarize what we learn, such as this:

7 Likes

When you post them tomorrow, make sure to split your questions up into different posts. At least with previous AMAs, posts with multiple questions were ignored. But there will also be a cool-down on that topic unfortunately.

5 Likes

isnt this a seperate topic that might be a question?

6 Likes

I’m not a staff member, but see this: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/16896241155348
The latter half regards Roblox’s IP and it is not usable.

7 Likes

My questions ready. It would be great if they held these AMAs regularly at set periods.

5 Likes

where is the AMA? What time? Where is the link to the AMA?

3 Likes

I’m in Greece so think it takes place in about 2 hours?

3 Likes

In roughly 35 minutes if they’re on time.

3 Likes
5 Likes