Creator AMA (RDC 2024) with Nick and Tian [September 19, 2024]

With the highlights posts on our profiles, which were announced at RDC, could we expect a major Profile Page revamp? Will we also be able to post “advertising posts” on our profiles “or showcasing posts” about our work on roblox?

6 Likes

With the Forums feature in Groups becoming Communities, how fine-grained are you aiming for?

Will we be able to create categories, have idea voting, private threads with devs, functionality like that? Or is it really targeted at simple player-to-player communication?

9 Likes

It’s my Birthday! Anyway, how will the Player-Made Studio Templates work in terms of “an algortithm?”

Like, how would the algorithm work to display good Studio Templates? Is it based off most used, or another type of algorithmic system?

Will there be multiple template sections using different types of algorithms?

4 Likes

At RDC you guys announced that since the marketplace went public in April, total monthly creator earnings have increased 61% year over year.

With this influx of talented creators earning, are there any plans for Roblox to allow marketplace creators to be eligible for or introduce separate awards specifically for marketplace creators, similar to those already available for many years to for experience developers and star creators/influencers?

My previous website Feature Request for this - Creator Awards for Marketplace Achievements

14 Likes

Hi all!

Is there any more information of the Shopify X Roblox intergration?

4 Likes

Since my other question was not about what was announced, here’s an on-topic one:

With the new updates on Paid Access, can they finally be allowed on Xbox? If not, why?

10 Likes

Will we ever get offline studio?

10 Likes

Is there a rough timeline as to when more experiences will be able to enroll in testing Occlusion Culling?

9 Likes

Thank you for giving us this opportunity again! For my question – will we see any new lighting effects soon? I understand concerns for performance and ensuring that the shaders can run on all devices smoothly, however I’d love to see more ‘minimal’ and widely-adopted effects such as color quantization to be added.
Due to the engine restrictions imposed to keep our development experience smooth, it’s very hard to implement such effects ourselves, without abusing existing lighting properties in ways that are not guaranteed to remain consistent as Roblox updates.

Here’s a list of missing widely-used post-processing effects that would be lovely:

• Tonemapping
  • Quantization/posterization
  • Color curves
  • Midtones
11 Likes

With the rebranding of groups to communities, could we see a feature that allows players to find forum posts made by certain users? Either by username or keywords used in the post?

3 Likes

When are we going to get batch writes and/or transactions for datastoreservice?

I remember asking two years ago and the reply was due to budget constraints the engineers couldn’t justify researching it, but recent development has been made for “profiles” which quite frankly I think Roblox needs to realize that is a very useless ergonomics feature that doesn’t distinctively solve anything. Developers can implement session locks trivially, but we cannot ensure data atomicity which requires a lot of engineering effort. Roblox could save developers and players a lot of money by shipping a robust system in place to aid the implementation of trading systems.

5 Likes

It was announced we were getting improvements to data stores. I assume some less notable changes were not included in that segment.

Given that assumption, do any of these planned improvements include getting a key’s position in an ordered data store?

2 Likes

Will the new parties system announced at rdc24 will we also get a better privacy settings page? Perhaps more options, like allowing who can make a party with us, allowing us to change who can invite us to team create, marking users as best friends or changing settings individually for each friend? allowing them to invite us to parties while others cannot?

3 Likes

What is the plan for further development of dynamic clouds?

6 Likes

About the party system; why do you keep the age requirement at 9 or above? Most communication applications/websites require you to be 13 or older.

7 Likes

When can we expect to hear more news regarding Avatar Auto-Setup using Partially Complete models and modesty layers being required or not when using Classic Clothing?

2 Likes

In the Opening Keynotes, it was mentioned that there are efforts to making Search and Discovery more transparent for experience creators. Will this be extended for the avatar marketplace as well? (e.g. search, relevancy, and recommendations)

1 Like

With the stated intention to work to fit our existing workflows and tooling better, are there any plans to release more software integrations (such as importers, presets, or templates for tools like Figma, EmberGen, Quadspinner Gaea, ect) that you can share at this time?

3 Likes

Where’s a link to this stream ?
Or is this it ? :slight_smile:

At RDC, customizable matchmaking was brought up. To my understanding, this is usable to matchmake players on initial entry to the gane as well as teleporting to other servers (like skill based matchmade PvP items).

On the topic of matchmaking, a feature I think is important is age based matchmaking. As an adult it feels near impossible to socialize on the platform. It would really improve the quality of playing games and socializing if when I join a server I am placed in a server with peers and potential friends.

Are there any plans or discussions about age based matchmaking? If so, would it utilize confirmed IDs for users who have verified with ID?

3 Likes