Creator AMA (RDC 2024) with Nick and Tian [September 19, 2024]

There is no stream, they’ll be answering questions by replying to posts under this topic.

3 Likes

Regarding the Open Cloud Engine API, my question revolves around the API itself, how you would provide an execution environment to the API, and how would a response from this API be generated from said execution environment.

(If this is considered to be two questions, I would prefer an answer to the latter)

The next is Speech to Text (Early 2025), which allows you to create voice commands.

Very excited to hear the announcements about Speech to Text!

Will introverts and privacy conscious people be able to utilize this awesome feature without requiring to be heard by everyone in-game?

Like a special channel players can switch to so they can still use their microphone in-game for gameplay, but not be heard by others.

With the addition of events comming back are there any plans of contests comming back also? It would be a cool thing to see. (Excluding the inspire 2024 event/contest, I think it would be cool to have like an mesh retexture contest and whatever. )

2 Likes

With the new affiliate program coming to Roblox, is there any bonus after the first 6 months of inviting someone to the website? maybe like a yearly earning or something?

Are there any timelines on the Open Cloud API to exile and change member’s ranks in groups? Many developers who are integrating groups into their experience have to use a user account and cookie token which is relatively sloppy, and an Open Cloud solution would be welcome to many. If not, is there any considerations for legacy support of the existing groups api?

2 Likes

Hello, I wanted to ask another question.
In RDC, you’ve announced Paid Access Games with USD, and while I think this is a great update, I would like to ask this:

Will there ever be regional pricing on Roblox on features such as this? Roblox advertises itself as a global platform, so I believe you should take necessary actions to ensure everyone around the world regardless of economical differences can have a fun and worthwhile experience.

4 Likes

Hey, as shown at RDC24, there’s a new asset manager being worked on, however this new “improved” variant will be merged with the toolbox. Is there any reason behind that? is there any way to keep toolbox as a separate window? I think that would ruin many developers’ workflow if toolbox gets replaced & merged with assets manager…

3 Likes

Will immersive ads in the future show apple inc ads?

Recently I’ve noticed that “Genre” on experiences displays as “N/A” with a popup message when you hover over it:
GenreUnderConstruction
I believe it was mentioned at RDC 2023 that Roblox would like genres to be more “community driven”. Can you share any information about what the future of genres for experiences will look like?

1 Like

Are there any plans for a way to stream Championships/Competitions in the future… in some way… Guilded or in Experiences ?

One of my Games will have a 3-Weekly competition… with a monthly Championship.
I want to continue the excitement for those that fall out… but can still watch the others continue.
I expect many servers to run at the same time… and need many viewing possibilities.

1 Like

When will we be able to use Instances as values for Attributes?

1 Like

Are there any plans for UIBlur? I think it’d be a great addition for UI design! Thanks for making these AMAs by the way! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m most curious about accessory positioning customization and when we can expect that to go live for a broader user group and eventually the public. With so many body bundles out there now and Roblox’s desire to continue adding to them, this feature really had me excited last RDC and this year’s. It was said that some people already have this feature enabled. Can we get an approximate timeline for this dropping for the public, please?

Adding onto regional pricing - which would be a win-win for creators & players - have you considered A/B testing on pricing?

Pricing gamepasses properly is difficult, especially with the high fluctuations of players. Running tests sequentially doesn’t produce reliable results.

Being able to run price experiments for new players would give us much more insights - and inform us when prices are too high.

Thanks for the question! As hardcore gamers, we know that tags are an important way of organizing and looking for games. We’re starting with updating and revising the genre taxonomy first and you can expect us to augment that with other mechanisms in the future.

More generally we are excited to help users browse our experiences the way they want. We recently rolled out Top Charts, which allow you to filter by device on the web. We plan to expand that to other filters including genres.

8 Likes

Really happy to finally see the arrival of Party!

For those in-party, will there be a “Switch to game chat” feature like Xbox has so you use your mic in-game, or will you have to leave the Party.

1 Like

With the announcement that Groups are becoming “Communities”, will we be able to prompt users to join groups from in-game?

2 Likes

Will you add functionalities that allow us to use and control hardware level instructions such as SIMD (Single Instruction Multiple Data)? I would like to have faster numerical calculation speed for tensor and matrix operations. I think it would be extremely useful for running deep learning libraries that was written in pure Lua like mines, named DataPredict Neural.

Imagine the in-game recommendation systems, in-game generative AIs and extremely performant learning AIs that improves user experience!

5 Likes

This is such a great question. During the Economy AMA back in May, Enrico said that we are thinking deeply about if and how to introduce PBR textures to avatar items. We are definitely looking into it. We don’t have any new updates to share onthis topic at this time, but I do want to re-share Enrico’s original answer:

We will be sure to update the community when there is more news to share on this topic.

7 Likes