Creator Dashboard Avatar Item Configuration Displays "The asset type is not appropriate for this request." if Enabling "On Sale" option

@bomberman_br and I have encountered a recurring issue within the Creator Dashboard while attempting to sell or make changes to our existing avatar items, including titles and descriptions. Every time we try to perform these actions and press Publish, we are confronted with an error message that states: “The asset type is not appropriate for this request.” This issue is preventing us from managing and selling our avatar items effectively.

Reproduction Steps

1. Log in to the Roblox Creator Dashboard.
  2. Navigate to the “Avatar Items” section (it can be in your Roblox group or your profile).
  3. Select an existing avatar item that you wish to configure or sell.
  4. Click on the “On Sale” option for the selected avatar item and press “Publish”.
  5. Observe the error message: “The asset type is not appropriate for this request.”

Expected Behavior

I should be able to successfully edit or sell my avatar items using the Creator Dashboard without encountering the error message mentioned above.

Actual Behavior

The error message “The asset type is not appropriate for this request.” consistently appears whenever I attempt to make changes to my avatar items, such as modifying their titles or descriptions. The configuration updates normally if disabling the “On Sale” option":

Issue Area: Creator Dashboard
Issue Type: Display
Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations/catalog/13861682962/configure
Impact : High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-08-23 20:28:00 (-03:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-08-23 20:58:00 (-03:00)

58 Likes

I can confirm this is happening while trying to set any clothing to “on sale” for me as well.

16 Likes

I’m having the same issue

10 Likes

Yeah, I am having the same issue. Any solutions?

15 Likes

I believe there isn’t any workaround to solve this… Perhaps only waiting for someone a part of the Roblox team → Creator Hub would be the solution as they can investigate and fix it

11 Likes

Same here guessing its a bug. We will have to wait for Roblox to fix, seems like its nothing on our end.

10 Likes

It’s probably going to really upset some people because you can’t list clothing that you paid to upload. Hope Roblox finds a fix

14 Likes

man i just wanna upload some pants

19 Likes

+1

12 Likes

same thing here :sob:

I just want to publish mannnnnnn

13 Likes

oh, its not just me then :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I am also experiencing the same issue.

At first, I thought it was maybe the name or the description. So I changed it and to no prevail. Then I asked my friend to test it out and it still didn’t work. So then I gave it some time and still the same issue.

16 Likes

After days and activating “On Sale” option through Safari, it seems that it is now updating as expected.

Is anyone else experiencing this or the same issue? @RainBryan192 @Fuviiy @OfficialDipsy @anniebanane11 @IntentionalChaos @careeoki @IzanagiMikoto @RealJofu @lihq

4 Likes

Same here. Seems the bug has been fixed on my end anyway.

1 Like

Yeah, it seems the issue has been fixed!

1 Like

Hey all,

Apologies for the silence here, but happy to hear it’s resolved - let me know if it comes back!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.