Creator Dashboard to replace the Develop Pages in early 2023

Pretty hard to report bugs considering people can’t be ranked up anymore… will ranking ever return?

5 Likes

IIRC (if I remember correctly), the ranking system to level up your Trust Level to Regular is currently still on hold and DevRel stated that they are still re-making… Although, for the meantime, Developers with TL Member can report bugs by producing a private message to @Bug-Support.

2 Likes

Highly agree with this. I sometimes have trouble reading text on dark backgrounds, especially the one that the develop page has, so this would be a really good feature to add.

3 Likes

Are all of the features from the old develop page going to be ported over? I observed that some features are outright missing, or they just redirect to the old one.

Also, it would be great if there was a tutorial. This one is much harder to navigate, and I feel a tutorial could help immensely.

4 Likes

Will places in an experience that were created with CreatePlaceAsync ever be available in the Creator Dashboard? You can currently find these at the legacy “Configure Experience” page, under “Created Places”, but there is no way to find these places in the Creator Dashboard.

I REALLY hope Roblox isn’t planning on killing the AssetService create/save place APIs.

created places

Additionally, this bug kinda prevents me from actively using the dashboard to find my experiences: Archived experiences aren't being hidden in some areas
It’s not that easy to quickly locate an experience when a bunch of old archived ones are mixed in.

EDIT: This functionality has been added.

9 Likes

:confused: i struggle to use the new dashboard, develop page easier for me to navigate

9 Likes

pure feature but a nice bug

TRIED LIKE 496TH TIME AND STILL GOT IT SOMEHOW

3 Likes

hope you will add a portal to the main roblox site…

4 Likes

The only issue with the creator dashboard is that it is confusing to know what features are available in studio and in the dashboard. It would be good if they were all in one place.

2 Likes

@peraldon

When will we get studio on mobile?

This is great! However will we be able to access the dashboard in the roblox app? Im talking about the app on pc, not mobile.

I don’t think Mobile devices can handle studio and if they could it would be very difficult to Navigate through

4 Likes

I know I’m probably part of a minority here but I actually prefer the old develop pages since they have been the only things I knew and used since I startd on Roblox. I am 100% familliarised with the layout and personally find it fine to navigate and use.

Also the dark themes used on the new pages are a bit of an eyesore to me since I grew up with light themes. So either I’d say give us the option of what pages we want to use or add light theme option to the new pages. And this change will probably break any extensions previously used assuming the developers of those extensions don’t update them.

10 Likes

Is it planned to be able to upload decals from the creator dashboard? Still not possible.

1 Like

Don’t sandbox development in the name of modernization. Its not nice to lose website URLs and typical web 2.0 accessibility for power users.

5 Likes

This should not happen until a light theme is made.

The upload buttons in create.roblox.com link back to the classic page, so will this be implemented within create before transition? Don’t like using studio to upload as for bulk jobs it doesn’t preserve upload order on failure and too many clicks compared to the website for manually running bulk uploads.

Would be useful if Open Cloud APIs for listing asset details were added, currently use an auto scrape script to get IDs from the develop page that this will break this :frowning: .

5 Likes

When it comes to localization, when can we expect to have the roblox website translated to languages like polish? It’s been several years since roblox translated the website to some new languages.

Also, it would be nice to have some customization when it comes around to website themes/devhub themes with choices other than just “light” or “dark”.

3 Likes

Question, will the Creator Marketplace, Documentation, and Dashboard all have a button to go back to the roblox.com Home page like the Blog does?

Also I’m really excited for the ability to configure things on mobile.

4 Likes

Yes, in the future everyone that uses a feature will be able to provide feedback on that feature. This is actively being worked on over the next months.

Please feel free to use #forum-help:forum-features if you have feedback on anything related to the forum since this thread is about Creator Dashboard replacing the Develop pages.

1 Like

Please make a light theme for create.roblox and make it separate from roblox.com, the create.roblox dark mode is just too dark for me.

4 Likes