Creator dashboard - Visits vs Sessions, what's difference?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I would like to understand difference between “Visits” and “Sessions” at Creator Dashboard page of my experience.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

Today I looked into my Creator Dashboard ‘Analytics’ pages. And I see some discrepancies between two stats “Visits” at “Developer Stats” tab and “Sessions” at “Engagement” tab. I also compared these stats to “Daily active users” at “Engagement” tab. And this are results:

As I understand:

• “Daily active users” is a number of unique players that joined my experience each day.
  • “Sessions” is the same stat as “Daily active users” but it also includes the multiple entries by the same player.
  • But then what is the “Visits” number? It’s basically value between two others. But there are some days that Visits number is bigger then “Sessions” numbers and sometimes vice versa.

There are also two stats called “Average Visit Length” and “Average Session Time” and they are also different for each day.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I tried to read all descriptions of the stats at “Analytics” but I couldn’t find explanation why this two stats are different and how exactly they are measured.

I thought that maybe this two stats are calculated for different time periods (the 24-hour periods are offset from each other) so I calculated this SUM values for 8 days but the difference between them is too big to be true.

I’m pretty sure visits include everything - new players and players rejoining

But “Visits” are smaller then “Sessions” for most of the days. So I would rather say that sessions include everything. But then I still don’t get it why sometimes (Feb21) Visits were bigger. That would mean that neither of these numbers is contained in the other :confused: