Creator Marketplace doesn't play sound in Safari

In Safari, if you play sounds in the Creator Marketplace, no sounds play at all. If you click More Info in the sound, and adjust the sound time, it just says NaN:NaN. This bug happens 100% of the time.

Media:

On Ventura 13.0 with Safari 16 Beta:

On Monterey 12.4 with Safari 15.4:

The Monterey partition has all extensions off, while Ventura has 1 extension. Monterey also is completely blank except with the backups of my iPhone and iPad.

System Info:

MacBook Air M1 8 core CPU, 8 core GPU, with 8 GB of Unified Memory

https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/music

Reproduction Steps

Find a sound in the website linked above, then play it. If you go into the sound Information with the More Info button, and scroll through the sound, you will see NaN:NaN.

Edge seems to be working, so it seems like a Safari/WebKit related issue.

I also hear some other people are experiencing the same issue on iPadOS on Google Chrome.

7 Likes

We filed a ticket to our internal database, we will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

3 Likes

Just noticed this:

Is this temporary since I recently heard (And confirmed below) that every browser (Including Chrome, Edge, and Firefox) are all just reskins of Safari on iOS and iPadOS.

I also confirmed that every major browser on iOS and iPadOS has this issue as well.

Firefox:

User Agent

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_4) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1 Safari/605.1.15

Edge:

User Agent

Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 16_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) EdgiOS/103.0.1264.60 Version/16.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

Chrome:

User Agent

Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 16_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/103.0.5060.63 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

1 Like

Some audios are not supported on Safari, unfortunately. That’s what the suggestive message is saying as well.
However, are you able to play them on other browsers? I can see it from the images, but just want a double check.

No, all browsers on iOS and iPadOS don’t work.

This also does not work on Opera GX, my volume is on max yet I hear nothing.

2 Likes

Hi there, due to limitations of these browsers (not supporting the audio codecs we use), we do not have plans to support audio preview and suggest using an alternative browser at this time. Please feel free to give any further feedback if that is not an option.