Creator Marketplace Search Filter By Creators Not Working

Reproduction Steps

Just change the search filter by authors to the name of any existing player. (For example the same Roblox)
i1

It works in all categories!

Expected Behavior

I’m expecting to get a list of assets created by a specific player.

Actual Behavior

I get a list of assets created by other players that are visible on the Marketplace main page

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

17 Likes

Just to add onto this as well it seems like after me checking that even if you click the “Roblox” creator who is there it still does not even filter for just Roblox.

4 Likes

Search API is the cause. I literally wanted to see Roblox’s assets and all I see were front-page items. I tried on mine too, and despite not having uploaded models yet I got the same results. Also happens on the Toolbox.

I already contacted Roblox thru email but it was fruitless. Has been happening since, I believe, July 15.

https://search.roblox.com/catalog/json?CreatorId=1&Category=6

3 Likes

They always say the same exact thing every single time you contact them :man_facepalming:.

3 Likes

They told me to restart my PC, like that would do anything to the marketplace results :confused:.

3 Likes

The filter has broken so many times since it’s release. Not sure why it never works…

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m having the same issue… It worked just fine since 3 days ago :\ I guess the search is not working…

3 Likes

Me too same issues, I tried searching for a specific player, It shows me the Normal Page of the ToolBox or Creator Marketplace

4 Likes

Hey everyone!

We are aware of this issue and our engineers are working on a fix! We will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

6 Likes

I’m late to the post, but I also noticed this around the same time as you! While we’re waiting for a fix, I’ve found that Roblox’s new creator marketplace (create.roblox.com/marketplace) Still works when filtering with well- basically the only filter we can add, username, however, the thumbnails seem to be very buggy.

1 Like

This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you run into any other problems, and thanks for reporting!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.