Creator Roadmap - AMA with Dan and Manuel [Jan 24, 2024]

Hello, I just want to ask when the public ugc will be released?

6 Likes

Many moons ago it was announced that the CLOUDS feature would be getting an update introducing things like new cloud types, cloud height and more. That update never came. Is there any reason as to why? This was a highly anticipated feature for many.

8 Likes

Will Roblox Brand Limiteds and Drops, and even the off-sale classic item go Limiteds for 2024 to finish the classics and to continue the Roblox Brand Limited Series? If so what is the future of real Roblox Brand Products and their direction for it, as the customer and users and the community wish for content to be on the Roblox Brand and to be tradable as well under the Roblox Brand only, since UGC Limiteds do not follow the same stuff. I am looking forward to the return of Roblox Brand Limited products and would be willing to spend Robux on just only those. I don’t support UGC Limiteds.

Here is the question again:
Will Roblox Brand Limiteds and Drops, and even the off-sale classic items go Limiteds for 2024 to finish the classics and to continue the Roblox Brand Limited Series?

8 Likes

When will future updates like the “Up Direction” to the new character physics controller be released?

1 Like

Are you planning on adding an API which allows to rank up or down. This can range from in-game to external stuff so we can rank remotely with ease without going into Roblox? [GROUP API]

3 Likes

Are there going to be any changes to Game Discovery / the algorithm in the near future?

It feels very hard to find interesting and engaging games, most of the discovery page is plastered with games for much younger age groups which isn’t very encouraging if developers want to make more interesting and varied games for a wider range of ages.

Even with a lot of effort and hours of work on a game that would otherwise do well on a platform like steam, because it does not appeal to younger audiences or otherwise market itself with tons of cash, it will almost never pick up a consistent player base or otherwise be picked up by the algorithm.

It feels discouraging to make unique or different games when they will never be found or played by the majority of the player base.

(I am not referring to 17+ games, but just in general most games shown in the Game Discovery page are either shown multiple times, or are highly saturated and suited for a much younger audience.)

It doesn’t help there are no ways to search for games using genre or other metrics. Almost 9 times out of 10 if I find an interesting new game, its from an outside source or friend-group, because they are not promoted inside of Roblox itself.

14 Likes

What are your plans regarding roblox-made limited items? Back in 2022 you started making old items go limited from time to time, and i was wondering if you plan on doing that again.

17 Likes

What is going to happen to already existing UGC applications? Applications are closed, and have been for some time now, but it’s unclear whether those who haven’t heard back from Roblox about their application are still being reviewed or not.
Thanks!

6 Likes

Why don’t you update the old Releasnotes? You can go back as far as you want but never see one singel Release note were all things are green!

1 Like

I already know you guys are dead set on making public UGC and burning the Roblox market and economy but is there anything at all planned to be given to current UGC creators as compensation or a show of appreciation?

4 Likes

Will we be able to upload accessories with SurfaceAppearance? Only Bundles and LC accessories support it currently.

4 Likes

When we available to self transfer games to groups and is it possible to ever transfer experiences from a group to another group with data store etc it’s handful for my game jam group since some come to a real game and can visit counts in group games go to the group owner

1 Like

We all know that games on Roblox are evolving into games that could definitely be mistaken for games on actual game engines such as UE5 or Unity. The graphics, functionality, UI, etc., are all evolving to become like AAA games. Because of this, what are your plans on accommodating for such realistic/large ideas?

My dev team & I have ambitious plans for making a highly realistic roleplay game. However, we are quite concerned on how the engine/servers/game itself will handle such plans. I know other studios and companies are facing the same worry as well: that Roblox can’t handle such great/ambitious ideas.

Of course, we can do things on our end as well (we would love tips from you guys as well on what we can do ourselves). But what about on the Roblox side of things?

(personally I would love to see an increased limit of server memory as 6.25 GB can be reached quick, see this article about why I & many others want this

Here’s what we’re working on, but we sometimes feel like Roblox doesn’t have enough foundation/support/capabilities to host our ambitious ideas.

11 Likes

In 2022 roblox made offsale items limited but Roblox has left some of the most demanded offsale items that people want limited offsale. Like why are the workclock headphones not limited ?. Why did roblox make the blue clockworks limited but not the red ones ?, Its clearly half finished and people are not happy.

6 Likes

are you gonna fix game promoting algorithm and search?

6 Likes

Is there any plans to combat the issue of 1:1 copies of expensive limited items that is very rampant in the UGC catalog right now? Especially since if this problem can’t be dealt with before public ugcs release it will only continue to get worse.

13 Likes

will you ever reconsider public UGC; despite it being spoken about for a while now, and the AD changes that are apparently being removed from the roblox main page - taken form youtuber sources.

4 Likes

Where is South America server?

6 Likes

I’m not Dan or Manuel, but I found that this post answers your question by mentioning plans of allowing users to sell models on the marketplace.

Hope this helps you out!

2 Likes

Is there any planned graphical improvement coming for PC and higher end devices when the mobile graphics improvement announced at RDC will come in?

For example, better quality shadows (less pixelated)
Overlay for custom materials (highly requested feature for materials like bricks, & rust metal)
And Volumetric fog, which would improve the lightning and graphics in games

AS WELL as, an advanced/improved graphics settings (change particles, render quality, distance and texture quality individually)

9 Likes