Creator Roadmap: Summer 2024 Edition

Appreciate the flag. We’ll take a look and get it fixed.

That we can now archive the articles is a good change, although they could also do it with classic garments and not need to send an email to have them archived :no_mouth:

1 Like

Text to speech my beloved :pleading_face:

I would kill to be able to use it, I’ve tried making custom systems in the past but its a tad hard.
Hopefully if it does get added its not just a set “list” of voices, as that limits a lot of creative freedom. Maybe a way to upload custom voices that can be filtered through moderation?

Random example but making it say a few random sentences, and then running that through the audio moderation, and if its blocked the voice wouldn’t be allowed?

Either or, very nice! :+1:

4 Likes
  • Occlusion culling - Reduces the amount of occluded geometry rendered, which moderately to greatly improves performance depending on the scenario. (2024)

Why aren’t there any details about this? For me, this is one of the expected features, but there was only 1 mention of it at RDC last year, so even for 10 seconds

24 Likes

This please we really need a new water system or something I’m tired of having to make my own swimming system and have to fake caustics/water all the time.

1 Like

Would be nice if we can generate caves

please but priority on this one, we do not want to have a Crowdstrike like incident

Huge!! Also, can’t wait to see occlusion culling later this year

3 Likes

Do you guys plan on introducing occlusion culling this year? a lot of the planned features have something next to the date: ex, (Late 2024, Mid 2024), yet occlusion culling simply has (2024)

5 Likes

I assume that only “2024” means that they don’t know if it will be mid or late 2024. There’s a chance that it could come out this month if they were aiming for mid 2024. If not, it will probably be 2024.

That’s my (hopeful) guess at least. They didn’t push it back with this Creator Roadmap update, so hopefully it’s still on track with its development.

Please, add.
Animation: Size, RootMotion.

3 Likes

yeah i’ve been waiting for occlusion culling for a long time, i really hope they add it this year and don’t delay it

3 Likes

Hey Roblox! Can we get a Gobo Lighting feature in near future? Gobo (lighting) - Wikipedia

As applying a texture to a spotlight to create a flashlight visual effect

2 Likes

Roblox can we please get more graphics options in our games?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t think they are. I had a post about this nearly 9 months ago:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-has-no-plans-on-having-different-graphics-settings-thoughts/2631617

However, I’d stay optimistic! In one of the other Q&As, they said they had no plans in the near future to increase server memory, and they just announced a few days ago that they were experimenting with increased server memory limits!

3 Likes

Will users be able to find/archive the assets uploaded to groups they’re no longer apart of? As there’s a few assets I’d like to archive that were uploaded to groups over a decade ago and that are no longer apart of my inventory.

1 Like

Aw, I was really looking forward to this, any reason why it’s on hold?

Will Roblox also add Portuguese from Portugal? Roblox’s existing Portuguese language option says “Portuguese (Brazil)”.

1 Like

You guys have been doing alot this summer and really listening to the community, thank you roblox :happy1:

The ability to reorder / arrange. This would go so well for multiple related experiences / places to be close together.
Since, whenever we create a new place. The previous place pushes down.

Overtime, it can get pushed to the very bottom. And, if it’s related to our project. We’re unable to arrange.

Are analytics for Creator Store assets and monetization on models still scheduled for a summer release? And are there going to be more ways to purchase things on the Creator Store — like via PayPal, Google/Apple Pay, and even Robux/earnings — in the near future?