Critical feedback on WIP showcase

I can’t build anything remotely similar to this, so please don’t be offended on what I am going to say, as I am just expressing my views & opinions.

Looks great, but here are some slight flaws I noticed:

1. The donation section doesn’t;t work, I can’t donate to you
  2. The fishes look stale, you can vividly see the fishes that are not animated, I know it’s a WIP, but just a heads up. It looks better further away and at higher quality because the blur effect kicks in better when Roblox’s graphics quality is set higher, so the blur can make the fish look like it’s traveling so quickly. But the closest fish & at max Roblox’s graphics quality still looks poorly made, even with a bit of blur, it can still be seen easily, which is something that is not that realistic.
  3. The carpet looks wrong
    I don’t know how to describe this, but I think it just needs a bit more shadow/thickness to it, it looks like a textured paper on the ground right now
  4. More foliage is needed
    He looks great, but it looks unrealistic for a showcase game, it doesn’t fit the scene, I suggest making him darker & more hidden. Like what an actual “Wreckage” would look like, make the surroundings have more rust & foliage, etc.
  5. Bubble effects appear too often, not saying it’s not possible, but it looks off when you just want to look out into the scenery.
  6. How to set a table
    First of all, I think you should Google up on how tables are set-up, most European restaurants will always have forks on the left side, while knives on the right side, and spoons on the right side of the knives. Usually, there would also be napkins, which would be located on the further left side(To the left of the forks), and glasses on the “top” would also be placed according to what glasses they are. I am no historian or a person who cares about this, but I think it will matter for a showcase game like yours since it feels pretty fancy and high-class. Also, the knife shape looks wrong & the fork is pretty thick, I would suggest using meshes for those.
  7. Grassy bedroom

Just take out the terrain that is under the room.
4 Likes

thank you very much for actual feedback instead of just compliments!
i will try to fix everything you pointed out.

edit: sorry for taking so long to reply, i had to reinstall windows boot manager :sweat_smile:

1 Like

what error message did you get from the donation board?

1 Like

i made new knives and forks:

1 Like

an attempt to create seaweed, im not sure how im going to use it tho.

1 Like

removed those buildings as i think i can make it look better without them

1 Like

I have removed the green tint for the while being, i might add it back.
im now going to start adding as many objects as possible inside here.

2 Likes

I added some stuff but i dont know if most peoples computer can run it, could anyone see if this lowers their performance drastically?

2 Likes

nevermind, i removed it. it was causing to much lag.

2 Likes

i think i fixed the donation board

1 Like

Sorry for not replying for such a long time, I didn’t touch Roblox for a long time.

Anyways, as you said 4 days ago, you fixed it already.

I apologize if I’m being too critical or harsh on your build. Very cool build, I hope it gets more views one day.
Sorry, I could only donate 5 Robux rn, I don’t have much on me rn.

1 Like

Hey there Roemonto! Definitely felt the Bioshock vibes from the Rapture-like structures outside the windows haha. It truly is an awesome piece, and I could see that you fixed some stuff that has been mentioned before. But I can see that some of the shadows are quite off as seen in the image that I’ve shared down below. I am guessing it has to do with negates being registered(not too sure on that), but aside from that I can see that it is a wonderful piece.

P.s Is the camera set like that on purpose?

1 Like

I always judge stuff like this by asking one question. “Can I tell if this is Roblox?”
In this case, the answer is yes. Some meshes are just too common in Roblox and the materials are default.
Can’t really give my professional opinion as my natural habitat is inside a script lol but that’s what I gotta say

1 Like

I’m not sure why the shadows are like that, probably something to do with exporting meshes from blender. i set the camera like that because i couldn’t fix the player being able to zoom out through the window, which completely breaks the immersion. Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

You definitely are not being too harsh on my build, i posted this asking for feedback an you gave me some good honest feedback, thank you for donating!

2 Likes

I don’t really understand what you mean by some meshes are too common. do you mean that people always make the same kind of meshes? or do you mean that people always use the same free models?
I make all of the meshes myself. thanks for the feedback anyhow.

1 Like

It’s too blocky I mean. You see it a lot on roblox

oh yeah, i know what you mean.

1 Like

Hello! I am back, I’ve seen you run into a problem with lighting, and to be honest, it sucks because all of them have to be rendered directly when you are in the game(Can’t be baked like most game engines).

But, I’ve recently stumbled upon a page of an add-on or some sort for baking lights, though I’ve never used it, I hope it can help you fix the lighting problem @Akeryiu pointed out.

The URL to that DevForum post

1 Like

thanks! i will try it out. will notify you if it has worked.

2 Likes