[Critical] Part colors and materials have reset to default since beams and trails also broke and will actively revert to defaults after being changed

Problem

When beams and trails broke, I had parts that also reset their colors and materials to default. It only seems to happen to models which have neon parts in them. Also, the neon parts have reset colors to default as well.

EDIT:

I just discovered a new problem with this. When I run the following command line scripts

for _, item in ipairs(game.Workspace:GetDescendants()) do
	if item:IsA("Part") and item.Name == "Base" and item.Parent.Name == "Light" then
		item.BrickColor = BrickColor.new("Dark taupe")
		item.Material = Enum.Material.CorrodedMetal
	end
end

and

for _, item in ipairs(game.Workspace:GetDescendants()) do
	if item:IsA("Part") and item.Name == "Neon" and item.Parent.Name == "Light" then
		item.BrickColor = BrickColor.new("Institutional white")
		item.Material = Enum.Material.Neon
	end
end

After awhile it will revert back to default.

Additional Information

Parameter Value
Problem Area Studio
Problem Component Rendering
First Noticed 4 Sept 2024
Priority Critical
Impact Critical
Annoyance Level Extreme

The beta features that I have enabled are as follows:

• Assistant Preview
  • Material Generator
  • Texture Generator

As for plugins, I have a bunch that are installed, but very few are enabled. The ones that are enabled are listed below with links to their details page on the Roblox store website:

Expectations

What I expect to happen is that the properties of parts are not reset to default.

Visuals

The parts was supposed to be Corroded Metal and Dark taupe, but here it says Plastic and Medium Stone Grey.

Reproduction

To reproduce the issue, perform the following steps:

I just loaded in the file and found it like this.

2 Likes

Thank you for your report!
We tried reproducing it, but it works as expected. Could you please include a placefile with Repro steps and clarify how much time it takes for the properties to get reverted. Thanks!