[CRITICAL] Studio fails to start with error 502 and tells me to restart Studio or contact support

Problem

Basically what the title says. When I try to start Studio, it fails with a HTTP 502 error which indicates that this is a server problem.

Additional Information

Parameter Value
Problem Area Studio
Problem Component Startup
First Noticed 13 Apr 2024
Priority Critical
Impact Critical
Annoyance Level Extreme

The beta features that I have enabled are as follows:

• AI-Powered Texture Generator
  • Assistant Preview
  • Material Generator
  • Notched Screen Support
  • Notification Overhaul
  • Updated Docking System
  • Updated Roblox Controls

As for plugins, I have a bunch that are installed, but very few are enabled. The ones that are enabled are listed below with links to their details page on the Roblox store website:

Expectations

I expect to be able to start Studio without any errors.

Visuals

Reproduction

Just try to start Studio to see the error.

Files

Not really.

1 Like

@Maelstorm_1973 Hello,
Roblox is currently experiencing a connectivity issue. You may be experiencing this error, error 502 is related to a server error. Not surprising. Try clearing all your cookies. Normally, the connectivity issue should be resolved for Roblox, but there is still an investigation to check if the problem has been fixed. If you delete your cookies, it can remove anything that is incorrectly stored and may possibly resolve your issue.

I forgot to mention that if you haven’t restarted your computer in a long time, please do so as a PC sometimes needs a reboot. Then, you can check through your firewall to make sure all functionalities are working properly. Type “firewall” on your computer and access it to verify that everything in Roblox Studio is green! good luck :slight_smile:

It happened to me. I was able to fix it by opening the game I wanted to edit through the website. It stopped happening after a few hours though

I tried it a little bit ago and it seems to be working fine now. So since they have appeared to fix the issue, I’m going to close this.

Happened to me a well, I just cleaned some of my studio files and that was it, i was able to connect again.

This is happening again right now. It was working earlier today

Hi, if you’re still experiencing this problem and can repeatedly get this error, please reply back and DM logs. Thanks!

@butterthebig I guess some people are still having problems. However, for me it cleared up after about a couple of hours which indicates a transient server issue.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.