Critical system files are missing or damaged. Please repair or reset your Windows installation

Every time I launch roblox I get the same error. last time I launched roblox was 30th of June and it worked properly, I haven’t changed anything in my system lately.

2 Likes

Try running “sfc /scannow” in Command Prompt running as Administrator.

Ran that command, it repaired some components (mostly bitlocker) and restarted my pc, error still persits.

You can try running “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth” in Command Prompt as Administrator.

Didn’t find anything.

You can always try backing up important files and doing a factory reset. Other than that, I’m lost. I’ll get back to you if I find anything of use.

Have you tried reinstalling Roblox?

Already tried reinstalling roblox, also tried updating windows, nothing helped.

Probably should’ve mentioned it earlier, I’m using Bloxstrap on Windows 10 with many default apps removed (such as xbox game bar). I don’t think that roblox would rely on any of those programs, but who knows.

does roblox studio also has this problem?
if no, it’s client issue

Some of the things removed by Bloxstrap probably were needed by Roblox. There may have been a .dll file or something that was needed.

1 Like

Roblox studio is fully operational.

Launching roblox without bloxstrap also gives this error.

Solved.

Turns out, some programs enabled test signing mode for adb and fastboot drivers to work. Couldn’t see it due to wallpaper engine, fixed instantly after disabling test mode.
I would be glad if roblox changed the error to a more clear one.

Still thanks everyone for the help.

1 Like