Criticism on Demon and Angel skin

Hey there!

So i’m making an angel and demon skin for my game which the player can buy and use if they are chosen as the monster.

Any opinions and criticism on the skins would be appreciated!

Here’s the default skin:

Here’s the demon skin:

Here’s the angel skin:

Here’s a finished skin (zombie):

If you would like to see the skins from a different view, please don’t hesitate to ask. :+1:

5 Likes

Hi, demons usually have these types of tails:
And horns:
So consider adding those two features to your demon skin.

And for angels, I’d recommend adding a yellow halo instead of a white halo:
And consider adding a sort of dress:
As angels usually have those features. Hope this helped you. (。・ω・。)

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! :+1:

I’ll make sure to add some of these ideas. 100% adding the demon tail, but i’m not so sure on the yellow halo, because of how odd it would look like in the white particles. Also the demon already has horns, which are barely visible from that angle. And for the angel dress, i don’t have enough experience on blender to be able to add 3D shirts on my monster skins.

Thanks for the ideas, ill make sure to add the demon tail as soon as possible! :+1:

3 Likes

The thing the Angel is carrying seems very vibrant to me. I don’t know if that’s what you want but personally I would make it less bright (I know an angel is a bright and divine being)

2 Likes

Hm i was having doubts on that as well. Just for clarification the bright thing is a sword. Here’s a better view:

Do you still think i should change the brightness now that you’ve seen the sword better? Please let me know! :+1: I’ll be happy to change it if you still prefer it being less bright. After all, this is a horror game.

2 Likes

Its up to you, but since its a horror game a light element might work with tension but I don’t know much about that. It can also be a pay to lose character and people might not play it because you can see them in dark areas, when the devil you might not be able to see.

2 Likes

From the looks, I feel very scared. But the designs are so oddly unique.

2 Likes

honestly theres a lot of takes and versions on how angels and demons look like, so its very inconsistent when it comes to appearances.

i did a google search for angels and demons and how they are actually depicted

for demons i couldn’t really find but you get the gist of it

tbh their version of angels and demons look fine, they look really deranged and grotesque looking i suppose, though im sure thats intentional

what game is this for anyways?

2 Likes

This game i’m currently working on, called Grief, is a mix of dead by daylight and granny. It has a really deep and unique story and game mechanics. I’m looking to be unique and stray from this whole Piggy ripoff thing, keeping the focus on what really makes a game good, originality. Yes the skins aren’t meant to literally be a demon or an angel, rather its meant to represent it, while keeping its 11 arm identity. You could think of it as a human putting on a cat costume. Its not a cat, its meant to represent a cat.

Thanks for the feedback! :+1:

2 Likes

you’re welcome! i’m glad that you’re making it really unique and original rather than hopping on the bandwagon and creating a carbon copy of piggy.

2 Likes