Criticism on GFX

Criticism on GFX (2)

I’ve been playing around with Blender 2.82 for a while now. This time, I try to figure out how lighting works and played around with some elements. Any harsh criticism is welcome as I’m new to this and want to improve.

Kor Commission

Original

Edited (Taken advice from other devs)

Limit Commission

Program used:
Blender 2.82
Pixlr
Paint.net

Again any advice/criticism is welcome! Thanks for stopping by. :smile:

7 Likes

Well the first one the only problem I have with that is the fire looks a little weird.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that fact out! I’ll be sure to fix that.

1 Like

Nice work. Pretty impressive, here’s some feedback.

1. The Effects, its a common issue I see every single day. The effects are either overdone, and or don’t go with the render. Picture 1) since the character is surrounded by fire, there should be a fire color glow on the character if you learn lighting, I think it’ll help for you to figure out where the glow from the fire would hit the character.

2. Lighting, I suggest looking through youtube vidoes and learning Blender lighting, once you are really good at blender lighting your renders will look amazing!

Overall, great work can’t wait to see more of it!

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! I felt something was off with the first picture. Is it because of the overwhelming amount of fire in that scene? I feel like that’s the issues but I can’t seem to figure it out. Either way, thanks for your lovely advice :smile:

1 Like

Should definitely work and fix the first one, it’s very bright around the avatar and at a first glimpse I couldn’t even see what the first one was considering the environment around the render is the same exact color as the player. The second is way better than the first one in my opinion.

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion :smile: Will certainly fix the first picture.

I feel like for the first one, the effects look to over done, I would maybe reduce the opacity on it quite a bit and try to give the avatar the main spotlight, maybe slightly making the watermark more transparent. Just a thought.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I’ll be sure to do that.

1 Like

The first one doesn’t have a good use of color. It’s just red and orange. It makes it look flat, and hard to see what’s going on. I recommend using a different colored background. Look more into how color pallets/schemes work.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I’ll be sure to fix the first one.

1 Like

This definitely is professional looking and appealing, I do however agree that the lighting could be improved, I actually saw a video on this today. Here’s the link.

Much of this applies to more complex characters and scenes, but still usefull nonetheless as you get more into art and GFX.

Good job! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for your advice! I’ll be sure to check out the video. :smile:

1 Like

New Edit (Due to how much needs to be improved on the first gfx):

Your art is very good. Here are some things you have to improve:

1. Remove the watermark. You my keep it, but it shouldn’t be at the center. Maybe in an upper corner.
  2. Make the picture clearer. Because of the fire, not a lot of things are visible.
  3. Make the fire better. It isn’t so realistic.

Anyways, it’s a nice try and you should keep up the good work!

1 Like

Here’s my opinion; everything looks very basic from my perspective.

Maybe I’ve been spoilt by other work I’ve previously seen by some very talented and motivated individuals.

I’m saying there’s room for improvement, but this isn’t all that bad.
Well done!

1 Like

Thanks for the wonderful advice!

Thanks for your kind words! :smile: I’ll be sure to keep working on it.

1 Like

Only thing I want to suggest is to blend in the text more to the image. In the “Limit commissions” category, you can clearly see that you just added text over an image. Blending the text with the image would make it look more natural and not like you added text over it.

Otherwise, good job!

2 Likes

[SUGGESTION] I can see that you’re using free software, so as a recommendation, you should use GIMP. it’s like photoshop, but free.

1 Like