Critique is Highly Appreciated!

Hey! Can I get some constructive criticism on my work.

• I use blender for all my scenes
  • I’ve been a GFX artist for 6 months.

Boxing Simulator
Jailbreak Scene
Sword Simulator
Pastriez GFX

11 Likes

Since you asked to be Critiqued, I’m not going to praise your work. :slightly_smiling_face:

Personally I think you can improve your camera Angles; they just seem to be too uniform. might I suggest tilting the camera in different directions.

3 Likes

As @ffancyaxax12 said, the camera angles create a very same-y feel to each image. Play around with the camera angles more.

Also, you can definitely do well to play with the composition of your images more in some cases and think about where contrast draws the eye, as I believe the examples listed draw the eye to a place other than where you were intending.

3 Likes

I think you’ve done a good job with these GFXs. However, as mentioned above, you should experiment with more dynamic camera angles, poses, lighting,…
Another thing, the colors in the last one seems to be overpowered by whites, maybe you’d like to change some colors there to make the shapes and objects more distinctive:) GLHF!

2 Likes

Yeah, just like @nymfhet said, the white balance could be a bit adjusted on the last one.

2 Likes

The posing is quite stiff and the last image looks a bit too white.

3 Likes

I used too much exposure on the last one,

exposure brightens the image, and makes it more white

thanks for the critique though!!

1 Like

Hi, your graphics looks good for a person who has been doing GFX for 6 months but of course, there are a few improvements that you can make with your characters, I don’t know much about your style but an improvement, in my opinion, would be to add in a bit more detail into your character by adding a vector bump map in Blender which creates an indent look to your character which in my opinion makes it look more detailed here’s a good example of one.

Another thing you can improve is the lighting, currently, the light stands out a lot when light should be part of the atmosphere the strength of the light should not be that strong in my opinion when you are making lighting for gfx, my recommendation is for you to have a play around a bit with the light until it feels like it fit the atmosphere a bit. Here are some examples of the light being too strong. For a first-timer, this is not so bad :sunglasses::ok_hand: and I am loving the car head-lights keep trying my man!

1 Like

I am not a GFX expert, but I can give you some feedback.

Try to bit improve on the camera angles. First and second one are bit blurry and difficult for me to see. Last one is too bright, it prevents me from seeing details. Plus too many characters, would be nice if you reduce the number of characters.

1 Like

Hi,

I give you mostly positive feedback. In general, I like your style.

Pic1: I don’t think we need a sharp view in case of a fighting sport event, there is always some smoke and humidity around the stage, so blur effect is fine. I also like the fact that I don’t see the audience, I can focus on the players. And no problem with camera view, it gives me the feeling as I’m on the stage with them.

Pic2: again, no problem with the camera, if you want to show the face of a criminal and the police guys, and also you want to add some dynamics to the still picture, no other option. The face of the criminal doesn’t look scary, that’s the only con with it.

Pic3: I like the white guy sitting by the rock :slight_smile: From this point of view the bear looks absolutely harmless, but if this would be a game for kids, I really enjoyed this scene.

Pic4: I absolutely disagree with the critics: sometimes you can play with the white balance just to make some attraction. As the logo shows, this is a bakery, where everything is happy and fun, I guess your target is girls, so use pink and white as you did. And you can show many people in a picture if you want to promote that this is a crowded game/bakery, many players like to be a part of a bigger community, this pic absolutely gives this feeling. And camera is also fine, we become instantly a part of this nice bakery’s day.

(Unfortunately I prefer “alone in the dark survival apocalyptic games”, but I have 3 kids, so I’m open for different styles)

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say my target is girls lol, however pink and white is the theme and lighting of the actual game.