I tried recreating my desk in real life with some Roblox spice added to it! Leave your feedback down below.
The width is too small imo. Make the actual desk longer.
To start off, it looks great. I love that you adding things on the shelf such as that neapolitan crown, etc. Some critiques though:
- I would recommend adding a chair or a lamp. Those two usually exist on a desk.
- Try changing the books up so it isn’t the same model but flipped upside down.
- Also maybe detail the books further. Right now it looks kind of plain.
- The desk could also be enlargened.
Anyways, could you provide a screenshot of what your desk look like? It would really help to compare. Keep up the good work! (b˙◁˙ )b
Bookshelf very overwhelming. Lots of detail in it that makes it look good, but the actual desk looks like a stool without the shelf. Extend length as @ScytheSlayin says.
I think it looks pretty alright. Here are some suggestions.
- You can add a desk tray and drawers to add more detail to the desk! You can view the photo below as an example.
- I believe the bookshelf would look better not attached to the desk but at least placed next to it. But as it was a recreation of your own setup, you can take this as you please.
- Add details to the top of the desk such as a lamp, coffee cup, computer, etc.
- Add some life to the books. Lay the books in different positions and maybe have different book sizes so some stick out more than others. The books can either lay against the shelf wall or lay down.
This looks alright.But I would actually suggest to add more things to this, try making the bookshelf have a color scheme or light and dark, try to make the table have curved edges instead of sharp ones.
It seems built on a grid right now, which is good to start with, but I would start to experiment. Play around with what you can do. Also, maybe put a Robloxian dummy next to the desk for scaling! I really like the detail you added with the turkey leg (Blame Telamon, lol) and everything! This makes me want to see how I could do rebuilding furniture in my own house.
Could use more detail, and a better color selection.
That looks great.
Just some ideas to improve it:
- Make the desk longer
- Make individual desk legs on the left
- Try to modify the books’ colors, so it isn’t the same thing reflected
- Add more detail to the books, such as pages
- Add a lamp, chair, and an object such as a computer or paper & pencil
I really like the concept, nice job!
I think it looks great, however I think that the desk needs to be a little longer. In addition to that you should add to it to spiff it up a bit more. Anyways, keep up the great work😁
Can we see your real desk? 30CHAR
It gives me anxiety… WHY is your desk like this… I’ve never seen something like it. Looks okay, not sure why you’d have a half eaten chicken leg in your cubby hole. maybe add your real desk for reference pics?
That’s okay for a very beginner, I suggest you decrease your movement increment and that you also try fixing the wood grain (the direction of the wood in the texture) As well you could add more detail by rotating the books around and giving them different sizes
It looks good but there are some aspects you can improve as others mentioned.
-Making the desk itself lengthier in size.
-Adding texture to the books. It makes it look a little odd when the desk has the wood texture but the books are flat-colored.
-Adding a table lamp, laptop/computer, stationary items, a chair, etc. (This provides more detail as others mentioned)
-Modifying the books position or size to make it more diverse.
It is a good build and I hope my suggestions helped!
Hello, I love that shape! I would recommend making some books inclined or fallen, just try to lower that symmetry. Also, you should move that avatar standing on the end of the first shelve’s desk a bit backward. I like it! Simply beautiful for some murder mystery game or something like that.
It really depends on what style of the game it will be
It is using the same color of wood everywhere, and the shelf bit is too high. Also, make the actual desk wider since it doesn’t look like it can fit many objects. Put some drawers below the desk and put more detail such as a lamp, a book or journal, and other objects.