CROSSFIRE Game Release Details

I’ve just released details on the project I’ve been working on for the past couple months. I’m sure a good number of you have seen the development posts I’ve been making, and this thread is just sort of an announcement thread + a recap of what’s been shown so far.

As of now, we released the details of the actual gameplay concept here: https://crossfireroblox.weebly.com/ as well as opened up the Beta Tester applications. Everything you really need to know about the overall gameplay is on that site.

As for development progress, I don’t want to just re-post everything I’ve posted thus far, so I’ll just post some of the more major development pictures.

Thanks for all the support so far, and hopefully we’ll be releasing a playable beta within the next couple weeks! :smile:

More details here: https://twitter.com/JukeRblx/status/958207874685132800

8 Likes

I imagine you’ve already considered this: But your choice of four guns strikes me as exceedingly odd. I would think that you would be much better off following the rule of three here and having people pick three guns. People really suck at choosing four or more things, but three is much easier.

4 Likes

I actually didn’t put a whole lot of thought into the number of guns that can be selected. This feedback helps a lot, and we’re likely actually going to drop the number of choice guns down to 3. :+1:

Here’s a study on when too much choice is a bad thing.

I have not read it, but I have listened to a lecture in which this study was pointed out, saying humans have a hard time optimizing choices when there’s more than 6 things to choose from.

I am curious where @stravant has seen the “rule of three”, I am not aware of that one

1 Like

I forget where I read about it in regards to choosing sets of items, but it applies in a ton of areas. If you look up the “rule of three” you’ll find it referenced in at least half a dozen different fields. In particular in marketing choosing between three things is considered to be optimal if you have to present the customer with choices (Pretty important thing for a game developer to be aware of. If you have two choices to give someone you should even strongly consider inventing a third one).

For choosing things, you can even try it empirically: Choose three categories of thing and try to pick your two favorite / top / whatever things in the first, three in the second, and four in the third. You’ll find that it’s actually uncanny how much harder it is to pick a top 4 than it is to pick a top 3 or two. It might even be easier to pick a top 5 than a top 4… 4 is just a very awkward number to use in this context.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts