CSG - Keep primary's orientation

Basically, what’s going on there, is I’m rotating the parts so the primary’s rotation is 0, unioning, and then rotating back.

It ignores the primary’s orientation and creates a box. Depending on the union’s size, it can make the bounding box huge compared to the tiny bounding box it would have had if the orientation was preserved. Any movement you want to do on the union based on its orientation? Nope – it’s aligned with the world axis.

It’d be super nice if union bounding boxes were aligned based on the primary’s axis instead of the world axis.

Rotated to 0:

Not rotated to 0:

Yes, I want this so much. I frequently find myself doing the same thing. It may be somewhat mitigated once physics is released and the bounding box doesn’t define the collision, but this would still be nice to have.

1 Like

Jesus Christ, those gifs seem way more complicated than they are actually trying to be

Yeah this seems annoying

[quote] Jesus Christ, those gifs seem way more complicated that they are actually trying to be

Yeah this seems annoying [/quote]

Welllll, you see, I’m making this (it has to be able to be splittable for the charging animation):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pgRbKp11BE

RIP Echo