CSG Returns Error Code -15 For No Reason With Small Parts

So I’m currently working on an elevator installation project for my test tower game. Yesterday was all fine and dandy, and I hop off and go to bed. I come back on this morning, boot up my PC as usual, and open Studio. Installs an update, nothing unusual. I open my place, and I resume work. I get to work on a beveled panel using Unions, and I try and separate it. Nothing happens except that my union gets deselected.
Okay… odd.
I try again.
Union deselects again.
I try once more.
Same thing!
I try every other Union operation on this instance. I get a CSG error code -15!
I insert a new Part and use my Part Beveler plugin to bevel the part. Once I finish & attempt to union it, I get the same error! It seems like I cannot even union any parts anymore.

It appears the leading cause of this issue is unioning with Spheres with a small scale.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Insert two Parts, one a regular sized Block and another a small Cylinder (size <0.01) (or use the Part Beveler plugin, which generates a series of small cylinders & spheres to generate the “beveled” part result.)
  2. Select both parts, and click Union or Negate

Expected behaviour:
Unions should work just fine here. Self-explanatory. Instead I am getting Error Code -15, and I even tried looking this up everywhere. No result. This error is unknown.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Modeling
Impact: Severe
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 08-31-2023 01:12 PM (PST, UTC-7)
Date Last Experienced: 08-31-2023 01:05 PM (PST, UTC-7)

Roblox Studio Version: 0.592.0.5920587 (64bit)

Note:
I have reinstalled Studio numerous times as well as rebooted my PC. Nothing seems to be fixing this issue.

Place file was attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff (@Focia19), due to the sensitive information it may contain, will not be shared publicly!

5 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

4 Likes