CSG V3 Shading and Texturing Issues

there shouldn’t be ANY way this issue keeps occuring without the Roblox staff noticing this too. im extremely surprised about how this even passes the QA test, this issue been going on for a few days/weeks. no ways to resolve it besides ways to break your texturing. come on, Roblox. :unamused:

(Image courtesy of user “hurtfuleagle2”)

10 Likes

@subcritical could this be a result of the new part shape/size changes? This problem seems to have started around the same time it was released.

2 Likes

We’ve file a ticket to your internal database, and will start investigating!

Thanks for the report!

22 Likes

I tried it and it didnt fix it for me :frowning:

1 Like

Any updates on this bug? It seems major enough to be high priority in my perspective.

Also, why does it say that this topic has been solved? It definitely has not been solved as the bug is not fixed yet.

3 Likes

It’s because the OP marked it as solved and an automatic lock timer has turned on!

Please don’t mark a reply as solved if that’s not the case, as it’s messing our internal process as well!

We don’t have updates yet, but we may have some this week! Thank you for your patience!

7 Likes

Here’s another example of this bug where the color on the union is different even with UsePartColor enabled

4 Likes

After checking to replicate the bug today, it appears that it already has been fixed. Even un-unioning bugged unions appears to fix the issue.

3 Likes

More views of it seeming to be fixed! Great news!

Only slight issue is that unions are not fixed automatically and you must separate/redo them for the shadow issue to be fixed.

1 Like

Either fix is not fully rolled out yet or the issue is still occurring:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/947255567393632276/1128733935812218950/Random_-_Roblox_Studio_2023-07-12_13-04-23.mp4

1 Like

I am still having the problems as listed in one of my devforum posts, sadly I cannot post bug-reports, so I will link it here. Please revert this update so developers CAN use CSG v2 without being forced to V3 and having bricked engines.

1 Like

I’ve had this exact same issue! Negating parts just makes them dark and there is no real way to fix it.

1 Like

I believe this is fixed by now? Can anyone deny this?

1 Like

This has been fixed. It can be marked as resolved now.

1 Like

I can deny this, still having problems with unions.

Could you send a screenshot of the problem?

I’ll link to a post that I have already made which shows my problems + errors.

This doesn’t have anything to do with the shadow issue that this bug detailed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.