CSG/Replication Issues

My game uses custom characters composed almost entirely out of CSG. The game is FilteringEnabled.

Recently, some players have been reporting that other players show up as invisible, that player corpses don’t clean up, and that parts of their body can be seen floating in mid-air. These changes happen when a CSG object is instantiated I believe, as the players report that when changing their eyes (which deletes the old eyes and inserts the new), their head can be seen levitating in mid-air.

Only these players experience these however, and all other players experience no visual glitches whatsoever, so the bug may be pinned down to something on ROBLOX’s side.

Some players report symptoms suggesting that the CSG are simply taking a while to load, whilst others report symptoms suggesting some form of replication error. To confirm, only some players actually experience this bug. Other players have no issues whatsoever, and do not see any levitating heads, or corpses that fail to clean up.

I know for sure there are one or more posts somewhere on the forum that explain how to work around the invisible / ghost part issues, but I can’t seem to find it again. Will edit this post if I happen to find them

I think its some where in this post
http://devforum.roblox.com/t/offering-100k-robux-for-difficult-bug-problem-resolution-and-fix/27240/9

2 Likes

Yes that’s it, in Corecii’s post near the bottom

And Tomarty mentions somewhere that setting their CFrame to CFrame(0/0, 0/0, 0/0) and waiting a frame before destroying them can reduce the effect of visual artifacts since you can’t see them anymore then, it’s a quick fix but perhaps not the correct way to solve the problem

I’ll have a go at both methods, and post how it goes in a bit.

Thanks for the help!

The Motor6D method proved unfruitful. Previously, player accoutrements were attached via welds. Changing them to Motor6D’s did nothing to alleviate the bug.

Characters can still show up as invisible to other players. And ghosts are still left behind when players respawn.

Figure on the left is me, figure on the right is the ghost of the other player. Other player’s actual body is invisible to him.

I can see his actual body, but not the ghost on my screen.

Still experiencing this. I don’t see how changing the position would solve something like the invisibility error, either.

Any help?

Typically players in the game will have 4 clusters in the queue. People suffering from the bug gain a cluster every time someone dies, and the corpse doesn’t disappear for them.

Normal behaviour:

Buggy behaviour:

Any help, @zeuxcg ?

It also appears that when enough of these buggy clusters occur, new clusters refuse to render, such as respawned characters, hence why they appear as invisible.

Even weirder, on the side of the player with the bug, as soon as I disconnected his clusters shot back down to 4.