Ctrl + D Not Working?

I have 2 computers. A laptop and a desktop. Due to certain things irl, I’ve been using my laptop lately for everything. Including developing in Studio. Every time I try to duplicate a part in Studio, it acts as a 2nd copy and paste. It doesn’t clone the item. It spawns the item like it would when you paste it.

It works perfectly on my desktop. Just not my laptop.

Is this a bug that I need to report? Is there a fix? I’d really appreciate any ideas that come to mind. This is just really annoying and irritating.

Have you tried CTRL + D keys on your laptop keyboard?

1 Like

Did you check the Collision option if it is ON or OFF?

It will make the object clone on-top if the Collision is ON.

5 Likes

That’s how I usually duplicate. I only did it via right-click in the video so you can see my duplicating it.

1 Like

That’s annoying. Guess I need to be careful with collisions from now on haha. Much appreciated.

I thought there’d be a post about this, but I had no luck finding one.

1 Like

Happens to the best of us, quick fix though now that you know.

You have Collisions turned on.

Make sure this is turned off:

First of all, your name sounds soooo familiar idk why. SWU? TJO?

Second, I can see you have some sort of plugin activated for whatever reason. I would turn that plugin off and then go turn collisions OFF.

The item will then be spawned inside the other and you can just drag it out and use it for whatever you need. You only really need to turn collisions ON if you want it on top of the other part when duplicating.
Anyway hope this helps!

1 Like