Ctrl + F causes find window to reset input to most recent match in history

Right now the Find window in Studio will reset your find result upon using the shortcut Ctrl + F to whatever was the last find in the history, no matter what is in the text box. This behavior is really confusing and leads to a lot of dead time typing my search again.

This bug happens in the script editor when trying to find matches in your script. This has been happening for as long as I can remember.

In the video I write the name of my function “test” in the find window, then select the script editor and try to find it again. Upon trying to find it again, the input gets reset from what I wrote in it originally (to the most recent entry in history). Expected behavior would be to keep the last written term in memory when using this shortcut.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

1 Like

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?