CTRL-SHIFT-F Behavior Broken after recent update

Reproduction Steps

Previously, you could press CTRL-SHIFT-F at any time to search every script in the game. This was really nice for hopping between scripts quickly when trying to read code you weren’t as immediately familiar with.

After a recent update, this behavior broke such that pressing CTRL-SHIFT-F will no longer automatically place your cursor into the search. It will instead select the next option in the list.

Expected Behavior

When pressing CTRL-SHIFT-F, the behavior should always be the same and not change. It should always put my cursor into the search field, so I can begin typing without having to use my mouse and use my cursor to select a tiny text field.

Actual Behavior

Pressing CTRL-SHIFT-F (even minutes after your last search) will jump to the next option in the list. This means you have to move your mouse to initiate a new search once you’ve done a single search in this session. Typically my sessions are open for a week.

(Tried uploading a video of the issue but these forums just don’t work well)

Workaround

No, this is really tedious to work around. If this was intentional, it should’ve been an option and not a change of default behavior.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting! A fix will be released this week.

1 Like

This issue should now be resolved!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.