Cup Grabber Script?

It is not anchored, and it’s still not working…

Can you send a screenshot of the explorer of the cup?
The unanchored handle should be the only child of the tool.

Try making the whole cup into a union. Click “Model” on the top bar then ungroup the cup parts and select them all together and then, by clicking “Union” it should make the cup a single part. Rename it to “Handle” and make sure it’s unanchored.

Wow… now it works, but it won’t show up when I hold it.

anymore suggestion? :(( im cant of angry now

Alright, our last option I can think of, is to make the cup into a mesh.
You need a program like Blender where you design the cup and then upload it to ROBLOX as a mesh format. Once the mesh has been uploaded and put into ROBLOX Studio, put it inside a part, not a union. And, as always make sure it’s unanchored.

At least that’s how Frappé makes their cups and food items.

You can find how to make ROBLOX meshes in Blender on YouTube, there are many tutorials. Don’t worry, it’s free.

I think you guys are overcomplicating things a bit here. There’s no reason to start looking into external programs and circumvent fixing the original issue. There’s probably a small oversight which is not being seen here, which is leading into making the problem out into more than it should be (judging by the 30+ replies which isn’t uncommon for simple issues anymore).

For the sake of clarification: what is going on with the tool, exactly? I’d scroll up to figure it out but unfortunately I don’t know what’s relevant or current anymore. That aside, if it’s an issue with the cup not showing up or anything… I just inserted the cup and it worked fine.

Worth noting that the uploaded model had several viruses in it which I had to remove.

How do I remove the viruses? I guess that is the problem…

No, it’s definitely not the problem. I had a look through the script and all it did was clone itself repeatedly, nothing that looks related to the issue. Could you please describe what you are trying to achieve and what problems you have ran into so far? I’m not seeing any issues with the cup.

Well… for me, it keeps either putting me upside, where the cup is clicked, or it’s being picked up, but when I hold it, it does not show up for me.

If you are flipped upside down by your cup, then you are experiencing one of two issues: either the cup is anchored or a stray weld is catching it. Developers have often been encountering weld issues due to the new surface joining behaviour that was turned on automatically and creating unneded welds. Ensure that you turn off surface joining (Join Surfaces should not appear pressed).

Next thing you should do is ensure that you remove all welds from the cup tool, since you already have a weld script responsible for it. Open all the folders and if you find a weld, get rid of it. When I inserted the cup, I noticed a stray weld that may have been the culprit.

After that, make sure the new cup model without the weld replaces your current one in ServerStorage or wherever its held. Make sure that this is the only thing named Cup in ServerStorage.

After that, you should be good. The tool itself doesn’t seem to have any issues except for this stray weld hanging around, as I was able to equip it without problem.

https://streamable.com/7oqjw That is the new problem, everything seems to be working, but now the cup is falling through the counter.

I don’t have an answer to that one. Could you screenshot the hierarchy of the Cup model that’s being cloned (the original one, so that’d be in ServerStorage)? Looks to me like the only problem left is that a tool weld isn’t being created meaning that there’s an absence of a Handle or the RightGrip is being destroyed.

This cup is missing the weld script from the model that you uploaded (the qPerfectionWeld). Since your character’s arm is up when you equip the tool, it’s still equipped, just the cup model isn’t welded to the handle so it disappears. If you add that qPerfectionWeld script back, you should be all good to go.

1 Like

I would just like to thank you so much! You helped me solve my problem, you are a truly experienced developer! I wish you a great rest of your night, thank you in advance!