Curious about parenting model to workspace changing its position

1. I can parent it to workspace and change the cframe afterwards and it’ll work fine, but I’m curious as to why this happens.

script
issue1
output
issue2

1 Like

Your model kept the properties applied (in workspace) before it was moved to ReplicatedStorage. That’s why I like to center my models at 0 on X and Z axis.

On the other hand, parts, created via script with Instance.new() possess default properties, and are centered in the origin.

But why are those properties kept when I set them myself?

My bad, I misread the question. That is indeed strange and far from normal behavior. I can’t reproduce the issue.

If you try in a blank workspace it should work fine, so I’m fairly certain something somewhere else is affecting your rig’s position.

Yea I tried it on a blank workspace and it worked fine. I guess it was something weird with my project setup

Nothing I do shows me anything different than. 0, 100, 0 0, 100, 0
When I use your script. Even change bodys setting and putting it in rs from ws 1st.

Only seems to happen with this model
bad.rbxm (19.0 KB)

Found the issue! For some reason PrimaryPart was Head instead of HumanoidRootPart.

1 Like

I used the rig builder under the avatar tab

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.