Current Progress on Large-Scale Western Project

Hello Developers! I am very happy to announce that my Development Team (shoutout to them) and I’s Western project has released its first map test. This version of the game is to allow the community to check out the terrain progress we currently have and to allow them to give us feedback and questions on what they like about it and what they don’t. And our strategy is to progressively add 1 or 2 features each update to allow the community to take in the new features and provide honest and precise feedback on those features alone. So without further ado, here are some images of the current map!

This is probably my favorite picture of the map, it shows the terrain colors and the largeness of the map. The goal is to create a large map that doesn’t have much lag, and gives us as the Developers access to be able to add Western features that are not able to be added to other games due to the small size of their map. Features such as wagon deliveries, mail system, and more are features that can be added beneficially with a larger map.

The lighting is definitely not complete, but it really looks good right now. I love the autumn feel it gives while also giving a feeling of living nature.

Here are some of the other work in progress features of our game:

Very happy about the work we have made so far. If you want to support us feel free to join our Discord Server below! Thanks for checking this out! :heart:

Discord: Ozone Studios

5 Likes

Dude… I am in Love with those Guns… They look Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you so much, credit to our modeler Mhikusess. :heart:

1 Like

Very cool, but seems a lot like the game Wild West, with the low poly weapons and models. Just pointing out, they look very very similar, but nice job I want to play this.

The models (especially the weapons) are only comparable in the sense that they are modeled after the same in real life gun. As for model style ours is much different from theirs.

TWW Volcanic Pistol

Westland Volcanic Pistol

1 Like

What he means that stylistically they are similar.
TWW does actual low poly and Westland goes for what looks like to me, low poly styled.
It still has more detail ignoring the beveling but I personally don’t see the point in it. If you’re going for a flatter low poly look then you’re wasting performance with the bevels, otherwise the same triangle count could be used for a higher fidelity model.
For instance while the real volcanic pistol’s barrel is octagonal, the inner barrel is cylindrical and the bottom mag tube is a proper cylinder as well. Since both of these are beveled you’d have a 16 vert barrel.
Here’s a very very quick example I threw together while writing this not that it in it’s own right is well modeled but just to get the point across, this would be the same or very similar triangle count.
joe
Capture

Oh I knew he meant that, I guess I was just trying to let it be known that they weren’t made/designed in the same way. But yes I understand what you are saying also.

so I am curious why did you guys choose that style for guns? performance wise it doesnt make sense, style wise it’s a bit wasteful not to say they look bad but I don’t understand the reasoning behind it.

I guess you’re right because how different can they get if they are the same gun? Good luck on your game it looks great so far

They look good, and they actually do run well in game performance wise

I’d love to hear more about this game, consider making this into a devlog.