Currently making a new, more realistic physics and gravity system for Roblox

basically, this new more realistic physics and gravity system tries to simulate real-life physics as much as possible

I need feedback on this so i can improve it. Here are the current features of this new improved and more realistic physics system:

1. material densities: think of this as how heavy different materials are. for example, metal is heavier than wood

2. coefficient of restitution (cor): Fancy term for how bouncy something is. for example, a rubber ball is more bouncy than a lump of clay.

3. air density and drag coefficient: these are used to calculate how much air resistance there is when something is falling. this is why a feather falls slower than a stone.

4. terminal velocity: this is the fastest speed something can reach when falling. my system calculates this for each part based on its size and weight.

5. friction: this is what slows things down when they slide on a surface. my system applies this to each part

6. custom physical properties: my system sets the density of each part based on its weight

7. bodyforce: my system applies a force to each part that’s equal to the part’s weight times the gravity

8. collision response: my system changes the speeds of two parts when they collide based on their weights and how bouncy the material of the part that was hit is

Keep in mind that this is still under heavy development, and a lot, A LOT of things arent fully finished or bug-free! and stuff can interact weirdly with others

Heres an example video:

[It has been used in one of my projects and i cannot share it to anyone else. However, i will be making a LITE version pretty soon.]

8 Likes

I’m thinking of making a demonstration game that uses this physics engine so you guys can try it out for yourselves. Should i do it?

7 Likes

how did you code this, and you should make demo game and also will you ever make this a model or something

2 Likes

if i dont use this system for any of my games, then sure i would release this as a model

also okay ill make a demo game pretty soon

2 Likes

did you end up using it? just asking becuase it would be nice having it

why do you need it? (abcdefgefsfse)

Hey, I’m sorry but i cannot provide it to you or anyone else as it’s being used in one of my projects. I will, however, make a lite version, pretty soon.

for my attack on titan inspired game, but if you can’t its totally fine, I understand your decisions.

That would be wonderful! so people could get a grasps of it.

i’ll be waiting for this lite version

1 Like