Cursor in studio not wanting to move or scroll

Hello!
So recently this issue appeared where I can’t move my cursor in already published games.

I can move it normally in new baseplate game I create and I can normally move in other games using an different account. But this issue seems to appear only in those 2 cases on my account and pre published games.

Yes I did try to reset settings multiple times but it just shows that that issue is really specific

Expected behavior

Some explanation or way to fix this issue

1 Like

Does the camera automatically move when you move the mouse, or does everything stay static?

nothing moves as i try to drag mouse it just standing on centar of the screen not moving is static

Hi, if you publish a base plate game does it happen there, or only on specific games that you’ve published? If you copy those games (and don’t publish them) does it happen there? Trying to narrow down if the “published” state means anything or if this is specific to a few different places.

Hello, I just had this issue happen to me a few minutes ago where the camera doesn’t move when I try scrolling. I can move my cursor around the screen, but no matter the direction, it won’t scroll where my cursor is positioned, the camera will just stay still. Additionally, if you try to change your camera’s movement speed by holding down right click and using the scroll wheel, it won’t change the camera speed. Also, the little GUI that appears in the top right corner that tells you how fast your camera speed is set to once readjusted, does not appear when the bug is present. Hope these additional details narrow it down a little more.

(Edit), I also forgot to mention that the bug is fixed when you are on a .rblx file copy of the game. I didn’t test to see if the bug reappears if I republish the game, but I will soon.

Hi Cobalt, apologies missed the notification on this one. Were you able to check where this occurs? Is it only on a game backed by cloud or team create?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, it does appear to happen on a team create game, I am unsure how this bug happens on these games, but this information might help. Importantly, I took the .rblx file, published it as a new game with team create enabled on it, and the bug seemed to happen again. I also published the same .rblx file as another new separate game, without team create enabled, reloaded into studio on that game, and the bug didn’t occur on that one. It appears that this bug only happens on published games with team create enabled. Hope this information helps.

Ironically, I’m having this weird cursor issue.

When I hold right click to turn my camera in studio sometimes the right click randomly cuts then reapplies, and sometimes it will select the item that I’m currently ‘over’ when it does that.

The worst part of this bug is the right click menu randomly appears and then when it disconnects again it’ll cut the item that is ‘highlighted’ because that’s what it simulates.

@butterthebig this doesn’t happen anywhere else for me but studio, like if I hold right click on my main screen it wont operate this way. I can’t post a bug report cause don’t have perms to but wanted to raise it.

Hi, apologies on not getting back to this one sooner. Can you repro the issue again on a team create game, and also include a log of opening the place up? If you can get a minimal rbxl file that reproduces this that would help as well - there’s something specific to your experience that is causing this hang. I’ll get this over to the team create people to check out.

Hi, sorry for the late response, I’ve been a bit busy for the past few days. I am unsure how to reproduce the bug on any new team create game, since it happened to me randomly without any signs of what causes the bug to trigger. I can only use the game it did happen to me on for example.

This bug did happen to me on around one or two other games with Team Create enabled, but the most recent one here didn’t have much stuff made on it, so I’ll use it here:
TeamCreateBugTest.rbxl (53.6 KB)

This is the log which I got after leaving studio:
0.635.0.6350588_20240725T021633Z_Studio_462D2_last.log (257.0 KB)

I’ve noticed the log size changes depending how long you’ve stayed in studio, for example, if I check logs right after opening the place in studio, it’s around 4kb in size, but goes up in size, like you can see from the log I posted here. If you need me to send a log that’s smaller, I’ll go ahead and try to do so. Hope this will help.

This happened to my friend and I found that in his logs it says that a Mouse script under his player scripts errored out with the following error

Error: apple is not a valid member of Workspace “Workspace”

This occured 3 times which matches up with the 3 times he went into the game, not sure if this helps but hopefully it does