Cursor Infinitely stuck loading when inserting models

This bug is still very much a thing, and is still very annoying! Would be great if this was fixed…

3 Likes

necro-ing because it’s so annoying; but i’ve just ended up changing my actual loading icon for the mouse.
Roblox isn’t gonna fix it, it has persisted for over 2 years now

2 Likes

Another case where this bug might occur is when you alt-tab out of Studio’s window while a playtest (normal playtest, not a local server) of a huge place is starting up. Can’t reproduce 100% of the time, though.

4 Likes

Same thing is happening to me. Even if I don’t alt-tab, the playtest can sometimes just cause a permanent spinning wheel cursor for me.

7 Likes

As a professional programmer working in a large MMO-RPG, I can confirm this bug exists, I’ve had many annoying run ins with this bug and unfortunately there is’nt anyway to fix this except re-launching the studio at this moment.

1 Like

This happens for me on a daily basis. It is very annoying.

The only way I can get the cursor to stop is by completely closing Roblox Studio and opening it again. This is a workflow disturbance and I have to do it 1-3 times every day of development.

Even closing the place is not enough, you have to close Roblox Studio entirely.

https://gyazo.com/50746e8247293b80631a1fb400406f64

6 Likes

I can confirm, have been dealing with this issue for a while now. Also this is the most annoying bug to deal with whilst trying to develop if you aren’t sure where the cursor is going to click.

4 Likes

I’ve also had this happen at least once a day for the past couple weeks. I can never continue to work because of how inaccurate a loading cursor is and the only way to fix this is to close and reopen studio.

I wouldn’t necessarily complain, this is normally a minor bug, except for the fact that it takes forever to close Roblox Studio because of this:

3 Likes

So are they unable to reproduce this or what? Is this difficult to fix? This has been a problem for over a year and I experience it almost every single time I use Studio.

6 Likes

Can confirm it exists, and it completely destroys the workflow.

1 Like

The blue circle is the mouse spinning meaning the cpu is executing something. Kinda like when a program crashes, the cursor is spinning.

Its also caused when your place autosaves whilst inserting any model

2 Likes

I’ve had this issue with autosaves more recently

Still experiencing this bug regularly with the only solution being to close studio entirely and reload it. It’s crazy how after three years this still hasn’t been fixed. Very annoying. I guess the studio developers are still busy with “modernizing” every icon into a soulless gray blob.

1 Like

Bumping thanks to this still being an issue 2+ years in :upside_down_face:

1 Like

yeah, I’m actually experiencing this bug right now and all it really does is mildly annoy me

Crazy that its been 2 years and this still isn’t fixed… good job roblox.

1 Like

I have found a fix for you guys ^^ !!~ Its really simple actually, when you run into the cursor glitch, go into any object’s properties, click on the selection box for parent property, then click on the main interface of Roblox and boom! Fixed!

19 Likes

got this issue today. Was gonna search, but then found this!

Awesome! Great work @SeraphicTranquility !

2 Likes