Blue spinning loading cursor consistently getting stuck when play testing

I have started to experience this issue in the last couple months.

Very annoying bug, as I have to resort to some arbitrary fix or full restart to make it go away.

I am using Windows 10.

2 Likes

I also have the same problem… This bug should be fixed as soon as possible, it’s so annoying.

Yep still a very annoying thing to deal with. and its still thing till this day

When will this be fixed? It’s rather unproductive, to be honest, and it’s 100% from auto save.

It’s something pretty annoying that I’ve been dealing with for a while, so thanks to the OP for opening this topic!

A fix has been found:

1 Like

This method has already been commented here a few times and is more of a temporary workaround rather than a fix. Would still much prefer if Roblox were to solve the actual issue.

2 Likes

Still getting this error after a year. As many have said, it happens randomly, and it seems that ROBLOX has not rolled out a bug fix for this, they seem to be more focused on adding features than fixing bugs.

2 Likes

After many months its still not fixed, the “quick fix” is not necessary, but roblox actually fixing it is necessary

This bug has been occurring for me at least once a week for a while now. For me it has only ever occurred while a play test is starting up. I’m surprised it still hasn’t been fixed.

1 Like

fr this thread started at 2022 and people still are affected by it. and i use mac, which unlike windows completely blocks the cursor so i have no idea what im clicking. which i try to adjust with but then quit roblox studio

6 Likes

STILL happening for me. Been experiencing the bug for years, please fix this.

2 Likes

Still happening for me as well, very annoying because I can’t tell where I am clicking

2 Likes

I’m still regularly getting this issue as of July 2023. It’s really annoying and makes it harder to work in Studio.

1 Like

I’ve been getting this too. If there is any way this can be fixed someone please tell me it’s so annoying!

1 Like

Run into this issue daily, as do many devs that work with us.

Why has this taken nearly a year and still no solution? There are countless developers who are running into it - is it not possible to include relevant debug information in a dump? I’ll happily volunteer to send over whatever info!

4 Likes

I realize you did not ask me, and this thread is is a bit old, but still.

Happened to me yesterday, cursor turned to blue ring and did not change back. Team create was disabled. This was not a group game or local file. I believe I was clicking on or typing some properties for an instance, at the same time as studio saved an auto-recovery file. Windows 10. I did not try any of the workarounds in this thread, as I did not know there were any.

Looks like a race condition to change the cursor and change it back to a stored value, with the threads changing the cursor back in opposite order compared to when they changed it to the blue ring.

This still happens to me, but instead of a blue spinning loading cursor, it is a purple hourglass (because of my cursor being a custom colour). It’s annoying as it layers over the cursor in Roblox itself and never goes away until a reboot.

1 Like

This bug is interfering with my work, please fix this ASAP. This should not take over a year to fix.

3 Likes

can we get this bug fixed please? as many have stated this shouldn’t take a year to fix a ridiculously annoying visual problem.