Cursors are breaking in Combat games since Wednesday

Additional Information: Somebody on Twitter claiming it doesn’t happen on the Microsoft App and confirms it does happen in other games.

5 Likes

Related topic about the same problem: Incorrect mouse position on click in first person view

3 Likes

I experienced this in New Haven County when playing in first person - the cursor goes up and to the left for some reason. In addition, this also came after the weird UI change that I wish you had an option to toggle on/off.

are you using windows? mac? i played badimo’s monument game and experienced the issue first there while i was bored. it really made the game unplayable, could possibly repro there

1 Like

I’m experiencing this to. It appears to happen in most if not all games. I’m on the website by the way.

1 Like

Just went on a game just now and zoomed into first person and attempted to click a button. Same thing. My cursor jumps to the upper left.

1 Like

Might this be related? DPI behaviour not functioning correctly, affecting UI scale and functionality (i.e. cursor size), since the same client update.

Not just combat games, all games, in other words, even the newly created baseplate

Also

This isn’t leading to the mouse bug

Roblox was updated 3 days ago, the chat was revamped, in that Roblox Update this bug started to appear

And

It first started to show on Microsoft App, later to other apps

I’ve use Microsoft Edge for Roblox website, and its not about app, its about Roblox Engine, roblox engine itself is showing this bug, this is not a website bug

I tried to lanuch roblox client using Chrome App, and it seems fine, now this bug appears in Chrome App too

1 Like

The font looks different due to a change in the DPI scaler that seems to break long-time expected and relied-upon functionality. Clearly, the font changes seem to be visible to all users. It does also affect UI scale for people with higher DPI settings.

Case in point, here’s how things looked before the update/flag was enabled:

Compared with how things look now (also note the blurry images and change in font “look”…), same resolution

As far as I’ve been able to tell, any such change in behaviour may be related to this change in scaling functionality (it does affect cursor/pointer scale and range) and is definitely something to be looked into. In my view the change in function on a whole feels like a bug (or like it shouldn’t have made it past QA…), but that’s just me.

+1
This bug is not new, if we look into old threads it was reported 3 years ago. ROBLOX Still hasn’t fixed it and probably won’t fix it

was brought back yesterday, but the thread was made in '19

[EDIT] : Apparently changing your scale via windows resolution to “100%” will fix it but i do not recommend it to big monitor users : everything will be small.

1 Like

The unfortunate problem with this is that it isn’t really a feasible option for many people who need or want the higher DPI for other things.

1 Like

Can vouch it is happening in ER:LC. I have seen reports from years ago, though it is only recently that we’re getting a decent amount of players reporting similar things. Attached is a video from one of our players demonstrating the bug. It is not happening 100% of the time and we have not made any edits to the gun system nor any mouse behavior changes.

7 Likes

Okay, so there is one fix to this actually, but it might be slightly off by a little bit.

1.) Copy the PlayerModule, and then paste it into StarterPlayerScripts.
2.) Go to the CameraModule and then change line 435 to:

UserInputService.MouseBehavior = Enum.MouseBehavior.LockCurrentPosition

3.) Everything should work as intended, but the Mouse may move a little bit to the side.

Proof:

https://www.roblox.com/games/8479698420/CameraFix

2 Likes

I’ve been finding it to also occur when you click in first person- regardless of the game or if you have any tools/items equipped.

vouch, happened to me in “rush point”

This also seems to break camera rotation (mainly with the Roblox weapons kit).

Hello, everyone! This issue should be fixed, and I can’t reproduce it personally. Can you please let us know if it still occurs? Thank you!

7 Likes

Its profoundly fixed, it sometimes occurs when I am laggy

1 Like

It’s still occuring on my side.

1 Like

Tested it a few minutes ago, It is fixed Thanks to all the engineers who worked on the fix

1 Like

Tools seem to be broken on the PC app for me.
It doesn’t detect any input anymore. (Mainly the Roblox Weapons Kit)

I’m able to send a place file through DMS.

1 Like