Curving a 3D soccer ball with a 2d curve

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? I would like to be able to draw a curve with a mouse (or touch) and then convert that curve made by the mouse into a 3d curve. This is for a soccer game where you draw the direction the ball needs to go.

2. What is the issue? I have a couple of ideas on how to do this, but no way to translate this into code. Here is what I want to achieve:

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I tried looking into the forums, with no avail. I have an idea where I could take 2d vectors from the curve and translate them into 3D Vectors. This could work, but I would still like some help

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

In any case, if this kind of kick and pass control wouldn’t work smoothly or would be annoying to use, please tell me. I’m trying to find the best movement control for my soccer game.

1 Like