Custom animation modify the rigs of my R15 character!

Hi !

I really need help to figure it out on what’s wrong with my character. My character is custom R15. The default animations works perfectly fine. A few days ago, i wanted to add custom animations on my character. I did the animations with Blender, but when i import the animations on Roblox Studio, with the animation editor, the animations is inverted.

Here some details about this issue, and what i tried to do to fix it (but fail… :pensive:)

• the animation is inverted on R15 but no issue when the animation is played with a custom character.

• It seems like, it has something Motor6D. I did some research and i found out that i can change motor6D with a plugin : [SEMI BROKEN] Character. I tried to modify the motor6D. It did change the orientation of my animation but i can’t find the right CFrame… Also i was thing that it may not be a good solution because i want to keep the default character animation it would inverted on the default animation…

• Since the animation works perfectly on custom character, i changed the CFrame Rotation (C0 and C1) of my R15 character with the custom character but nothing change.

• I redo my character on Blenedr but the issue still occurs.

Thanks in advance !!!

1 Like

Have you tried inverting the animation in blender?

Invert in pose mode with x-flipped pose ?

1 Like

I think so, try it out and see what happens

Issue animations2

It did improved, but the rigs are still inverted

Try doing this

I think the issue comes from the character itself and not the animation
The animation looks good on custom character, but not on R15. Even if, i flip the animation, it will play. But because R15 has probably a setting somewhere (can’t find it on local script), that makes my motor6d inverted.

Also, i really want to make both custom and default animations playing on the same rig, motor6d and character properties. If i fix the motor 6d to match the custom animation, i’m afraid that either it will change again the proporties that i just fixed when the default animation is playing (I really don’t want to script a different motor 6d properties on the differents animations types…), or worse… because the the motor 6d is fixed on the custom animation side it will flipped on the default animations…

What i wan’t to do is to fix the rig itself on Blender. Now that i think about it, i didn’t dig more informations about the rig properties on Blender maybe, there is something that can flipped the rig to match the R15 character ??

Do you think you got your left and rights mixed up? What if you tried renaming all the left parts to right and all the right parts to left?

Unfortunatly, no :frowning: I made the mesh by myself but i took the rig from Roblox Project Files. Also, when i recreated the character for the second time, i make sure that the rig is facing the correct axis (-Y). And even if the animation is inverted it looks like the left and right are correct. Only the elbows, knees, wrists, and ankles are on the opposite side

yeah so like the arms and legs right? (those are the only parts with left and right names)

Did you apply the Rotation after you made it face the right direction?

I always do ‘All transforms’. i forgot to mention…The torso and the head are also affected. The torso should be a bit toward the front but it’s lean back. I think that i should’ve put a video. I will upload tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi, here the video (sorry for the bad quality), i just saw that the torso and the head are at the right position.

Also, the image of the position of each rigs. Are they in the right position ?

1 Like

Sorry for the late response. I see what you mean now.

That is odd behavior and I’m not quite sure what causes it. As you said the issue is probably in the humanoid. The model has a primary part yes? That is set to the humanoid root part right? What if you rotate that?

Its ok,
I think when i export the animation, it replace the entire original armature. I tried to change orientation de 180 and 90 degrees but the issue still here :frowning: I used to think the motor 6D is the issue, but complicate too fixed it i think the issue comes from the axis of Blender

I saw some posts on Blender Forum that says, the axis of Blender is different from games engines. I tried to rotate the bones on Blender with ''Rolls", it improve a bit but can’t find the right axis. I don’t really understand the axis on Blender :frowning:

This is the armature of the same animation avec clear the roll of every bones… I don’t know if i mentioned that but my animations comes from Mixamo maybe this is the problem ?

I believe it is the -Y axis.

but rotating the Humanoid root part (in Roblox studio) should fix the problem. Just make sure the front face is facing the front.

I don’t think this would be a big problem unless the bone hierarchy is messed up. Your animations come from Mixamo but you edited them to fit an R15 rig, right (with the addition of some fingers)

What does the green arrow means ?

I think that the top face indicator.

and it seems that your parts are facing the right direction. Does it still not work?

No :frowning: I don’t know what to do maybe i did wrong on the exporting part ? I always scale my character 0.04 (0.01 is too small), then i disable the “Add leaf bone” and when i export animations i disable “NLA Strips” and “All actions”