Custom animation modify the rigs of my R15 character!

I believe it is the -Y axis.

but rotating the Humanoid root part (in Roblox studio) should fix the problem. Just make sure the front face is facing the front.

I don’t think this would be a big problem unless the bone hierarchy is messed up. Your animations come from Mixamo but you edited them to fit an R15 rig, right (with the addition of some fingers)

What does the green arrow means ?

I think that the top face indicator.

and it seems that your parts are facing the right direction. Does it still not work?

No :frowning: I don’t know what to do maybe i did wrong on the exporting part ? I always scale my character 0.04 (0.01 is too small), then i disable the “Add leaf bone” and when i export animations i disable “NLA Strips” and “All actions”

Should i report this as a bug ? Or its inappropriate ?

Im not sure if its a problem with the export. You said the animation works fine without a humanoid right?

I don’t know if its a bug or not…

you said you were using Mixamo animations right? Have you tried something like this?

Not sur if i understand his answer, i should import my R15 character on Blender, put the mixamo animation and then export as a “custom character” ? . Except for the import part (I don’t know how to do that), couples days ago i imported my character as a custom on Roblox and the animations works perfectly fine but not on the default character.

It’s really strange because even if i change the axis, the custom character managed to set the right bones position and orientation, but the r15 is really complicated…

I believe it would be more like. Get your character, go to Mixamos Autorigger put it in there, and then export that .fbx to roblox studio. But looking into it more, I’m not sure if this will fix your problem.

so like if you imported a roblox rig, the animations wouldn’t work on that?

I think what your problem is is that your mesh is made for the Mixamo animations, not the roblox ones. So they don’t work with each other. (I could be wrong about this)

do you think you could send me the files to mess around with? ( you don’t have to if you don’t want to)

Is it a plugin ? I use Rokoko plugin in Blender to retarget the animations, but the animations itself comes from the Mixamo website.

I dont think so, I belive its a feature inside of the Mixamo website, but I think you need to Log in to use it.

Sorry i can’t share the files :frowning: Also unfortunatly the rig isn’t compatible with mixamo. I have to remake the rigs

So the rig isnt compatible with roblox studio or Mixamo?

Do you think remaking the rig in Roblox studio will fix your problem?

From mixamo, and i can try but i’m not really sure that it will work. I don’t know if it the case but i think that the animator editor replace the whole armature instead of modifying the position and the orientation ?

Hey, I think I know what might be causing you problems. Try adjusting the Roll of the bones by 180 degrees. Just the ones that are inverted though

Hi,

I didn’t find the solution but there is this plugin that might be really, really helpful when it comes to axis !! I really hope that it will fix my character !

Calisthenics Tool ! : Calisthenics Tool | Documentation - Hub Création Roblox

This plugin can test my character using the axis of roblox studio while keeping the axis of my blender character…
At first it didn’t work. It works very randomly. i sometimes keep having this error :

I don’t know the synthax of Blender python, i don’t know what it means (According to another post the new version of Blender broke this plugin (I work with Blender 4.0).

But when, its working look at my character :smiling_face_with_tear:

Every axis are so wrong…
I tried to fix the leg by rolling the bones.

But when i thought that i fixed it !

Still facing the wrong axis… I used to think that the head and the torso aren’t broken, but i test the same thing by pulling the bone toward the front and the torso goes to the opposite direction. I think my whole armature is so wrong, i will remake it, and test it again.

Yesterday, i tried that but its really hard to know whats the correct axis. For exemple with the plugin, i found that the lower leg bone is twist by -55 not -95 or -180 and upper leg bone is twist by 45 or 45 degree. I even tried to match the bone axis with the armature from project files roblox, it work a little bit, but it hard to match with eyes only.

Yeah, I guess it can be hard to tell… but I just messed around with a few degrees. It was easy for me because the animation was playing a full 180 degrees backward. If yours is, then its 180, if that’s too much, try 90, or 0. (start with zero maybe? Do you think the weird bone twist could be causing your problem?)

I think eyeballing it is the best you can do. Is there a reason you arent using the armature from the project files? You would have to add your finger bones in manually tho.