Custom animations not working

Hey! I’ve recently been animating a wolf model I received and I have already animated walk, run and idle animations (along with some random wolf animations).
For the past few days I have been working with some scripting trying to import it into the game. For example, the walk animation were to walk when I want to walk.

The issue I’m currently having is that I cannot get the animations to function. The model is fully rigged and each animation has been exported, though I cannot get the animations to run unless I use buttons on the side.

So far, I have tried taking the local “Animate” script from inside the robloxian character and fixing it up to what is required for the model I am using (and the animations). Adjusting the variables, animation ID’s and all.

I’d really appreciate if anybody could give me some advice on how to fix this issue.
The model seems to spawn as a StarterCharacter and the animations DO function ingame (I did attempt them on the model using a side GUI of buttons). I’m just having some trouble fixing up this Animate script.

Hello,
Can you send us script ?

I did one of these once. All I did wash change the variables in the first 9 lines to match with my starter character, and out the urls for the saved animations in. Maybe you didn’t correctly match up your characters parts with the variables. Are you getting any errors in the output?

Here is the current script I’m fixing up, the only changes I have been making are the variables in the first few lines, what comes up in the output is an “Infinite yield possible on the Right Shoulder”

I have been fixing up the first few lines. The output puts out an “Infinite yield possible on the Right Shoulder”
Every other limb should be acting fine from what I see

Getting that notification means that your model parts are not matching with your part names. Do you have spaces in your model part names? Can you post a pic of your starter character parts?

model inside

I do have spaces, but one thing about my model is that I did not create it, a friend who is good in the blender zone is allowing me to use this model. Some of the parts were named, others not.
I renamed the relevant parts to what I thought would be necessary. (Torso, neck, left and right hip/shoulder and Humanoidrootpart are all down below).

Look into the parts and find where the motor is and what the motors name is. Those part names should reflect name and location of the motor6, not the actual limb.

Sorry, I may not have been clear. I’m referring to the variables in the animate script. They are the name and location of the motor6 parts in your rig.

The issue was within the Animate script, but it has been fixed now! Thank you for the help/your time ^^
Animations are functioning

2 Likes