Custom anims not working with custom rig

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want to make it so that custom rig replaces a character and it’s animations.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

the rig does not play the custom character animations when controlled by a player, none of the animations work, and it just stands still.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I looked for solutions, I followed some custom animation tutorials and double checked that the animation works on other rigs. I couldn’t find anything that solved this in the dev hub. I also tried to copy the animate script from the humanoid when playing, and changing the animations but it still didn’t work.

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

The animations are mine, and were used on my game. also, NPCs with an animation loop
the rig behaves like a normal player, except that it can’t use tools.
also, the animations did play on the player when I used a sprint script with my animations, but still didn’t work for idle, jump, walk…

sprint script:

local UIS = game:GetService('UserInputService')
local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local Character = Player.Character

UIS.InputBegan:connect(function(input)--When a player has pressed LeftShift it will play the animation and it will set the normal walking speed (16) to 35.
	if input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.LeftShift then
		Character.Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 35
		local Anim = Instance.new('Animation')
		Anim.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://11412106079'
		PlayAnim = Character.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(Anim)
		PlayAnim:Play()
	end
end)

UIS.InputEnded:connect(function(input)
	if input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.LeftShift then
		Character.Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 16
		PlayAnim:Stop()
	end
end)