Custom bubble chat

Well, this seems stupid but, how do I change certain players’ bubble chats? (Depending on their team)
I’ve done it locally using: Chat | Roblox Creator Documentation
But that obviously only shows locally.
Perspective 1:

Perspective 2:

And when I used a standard script (server-sided) to do the same thing it showed that this can only be done locally.
I’ve seen it done globally before so therefore I’m conflicted, what’s the issue?

I used something like this for a previous commission, here is a run down of what I did basically:

• On the server, make an identifier that they own the badge. Something like an attribute.

• Whenever a player has the attribute added, you can FireAllClients or something similar and run something like this:

local CS = game:GetService("ChatService") 

local BubbleChatSettings = {
	UserSpecificSettings = {}
}

local function UpdateSettings()
	for i, plr in pairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do
		if plr.Private:FindFirstChild("isVIP") == true then -- or wherever the thing you added on the server is.
			BubbleChatSettings.UserSpecificSettings[plr.UserId] = {BackgroundColor3 = Color3.fromRGB(255, 173, 203), TextColor3 = Color3.fromRGB(235, 244, 255)}
		else
			BubbleChatSettings.UserSpecificSettings[plr.UserId] = {BackgroundColor3 = Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255), TextColor3 = Color3.fromRGB(23, 24, 25)}

end
	end
	CS:SetBubbleChatSettings(BubbleChatSettings)
end
2 Likes

I’ll look into this when I’m back, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.