Custom Cameras [FREE]

Looking for a camera for your game but don’t know how to script? I have made some cameras.

Link to cameras: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/16638765037

Steps
  1. Get the model

2. Go to Toolbox inside studio

3. Click on your inventory and insert the model into your game

4. Take the model from workspace and drag it into “StarterCharacterScripts” which is located under “StarterPlayer”

5. Go into the camera folder and find which type of camera you would like to use.

6. VERY IMPORTANT: Enable the script inside properties (it won’t work otherwise)

7. :arrow_down_small::arrow_down_small::arrow_down_small: Click on Extra Info if you want to customize it and do not know how

8. IF YOU STILL DO NO GET IT, TRY WATCHING THE EXAMPLE VIDEO :slight_smile:

Extra Info
Customizing

Steps to customize the camera (for people who don’t know/are new to scripting):

1. Double click on the script
  2. All cameras should have a CAMERA_DEPTH, this is how far away it is from your character, the higher the number the farther away the camera is.
  3. camera.FieldOfView can be seen in a few of the scripts. This will change how close and flat the camera makes the world look. The lower the number, the flatter and closer the camera will be to your character. (If you adjust your CAMERA_DEPTH and it looks weird, remember to adjust this as well).
Current Cameras Available
  1. Top Down
  2. Isometric
  3. Side View
Example Video(s)

Sorry for how low quality it is, it had to be under 10 Mega Bytes.

I hope this can help some of you! If you have questions I can respond, but I don’t know how long it will take.

13 Likes

Hi,
When u say isometric, is it just a semi top down with an angle view diadonal ?

Thanks

1 Like

Why don’t you share a gif or a video of this in action?

1 Like

Hi, thank you both @Lord_BradyRocks and @LordMerc for responding.

Isometric is just a camera that is a perfect cube in distance from your character. If that didn’t make sense think of it as a camera that is exactly the same distance from your character on the X,Y,and Z axis making it look very 2D while still having a 3D environment.

And LordMerc, I will try to upload a GIF but my computer is very slow.
EDIT: done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I am planning to add more cameras (including an adjustable one). If you have any specific cameras that you want to see, leave them here and I will try to add them. I may also make a more modular version later on for more advanced camera things.

If you have any more suggestions for modules you can private message me, I love making free modules for the community :slight_smile:

Hope you find this helpful!

1 Like