Custom character death sound

How would I create a custom death sound for my players? I have tried to do so by changing the Died sound with a LocalScript, but the problem is that the sound does not replicate to server. How would I make it that the death sound is replicated to other players?

1 Like

You’ll need to use a regular script instead of a LocalScript. Things in LocalScripts are only for that specific client and won’t replicate anywhere else.

1 Like

Can’t access player sounds through server. They changed this I think last year.

Then you must use RemoteEvents to replicate it to other clients.

See this article for more information about RemoteEvents.

Everyone’s humanoidRootPart has the died sound effect, you should change the soundId using the regular script.

This script might work, but it changes the death sound id in the characters HumanoidRootPart

Place a new local script in “StarterCharacterScripts”

local player = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer
local character = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait()

character.HumanoidRootPart.Died.SoundId = "rbxassetid://5591082194" -- replace this with whatever sound you'd like.

I tested it myself and it does work, however I don’t know if it replicates.

2 Likes

You could just fork it from StarterPlayerScripts. Explaining this would be an easier process than reposting all the code.

1. Start a test session.
  2. Open up StarterPlayerScripts.
  3. Copy RbxCharacterSounds.
  4. Stop session.
  5. Paste in StarterPlayerScripts.
  6. Open script. Replace Died SoundId.

0 does not mute sounds, it supplies an invalid asset and that will throw a warning in the console which you shouldn’t want to have. You can add a Volume key in the Died table and that will do its job effectively without sending load errors to the console.

Died = {
    SoundId = "rbxassetid://ORIGINAL_SOUND_ID",
    Volume = 0,
}

I did not make this someone answered this on one of my previous posts.

5 Likes

This is the only solution I found to change the character sounds, but one problems still remains for me. I have to change player character sounds in the game, with this method I can only have one death sound in the game for all players. I need to have different death sounds for different players.

As soon as the players respawn with CharacterAdded

math.random a table of sounds ids, (do this on server if you want replicate to client unless you have filtering off which I dont recommend), then, grab the died sound from the character head? You should be able to find it there, if you want, try testing it by play solo, then look inside the player head for sounds.

Once you got it, have it link to it and change the id. That way, when the player dies, a random sound is played and everybody can hear it. This will apply to everybody else.

I finally managed to do it. I used @BaggyChris solution by turning off the death sound and then created my own Death script, which played my custom death sound.

3 Likes