Custom Character joints stop animating after I move the CFrame of their rootpart to somewhere else?

Hi, everyone. I have a minor issue with my game, and that is the fact that the upper torso of my custom character won’t animate, after teleporting them to another place.

Here’s the character before teleporting:

And here’s the charater AFTER teleporting:

As you can see, the UpperTorso doesn’t even animate when the character spawned in. I’ve tried to look for answers, but turned empty handed.

I also tried setting the HumanoidRootPart’s RootPriority to something above the rest, and it didn’t work.

If anyone knows any answers to this, PLEASE put it down in the replies.
Have a nice day. :slightly_smiling_face:

Rigging issues fit under Art Design Support, not Development Discussion. I’ve moved the thread over.

Huh. I thought I posted it in Art Design Support. Thanks for it anyways. I’m kinda new around here.

Okay so apparently it wasn’t actually one of the joints, it was actually one of my animations that were overlapping the actual idle/walking animations.

So. I have looked around and researched a bit with animations lately. Is there a safe way to overlap animations? How did the animations overlap? If some parts had to do two movements during an animation, what happened? If you do not know the answer to these questions, that’s okay. Just a curious developer asking. :slight_smile:
I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask as well, this is actually my first time replying. Thank you!

Yes, there is a safe way to “overlap” animations. It’s quite simple, actually.

When exporting your animations, set it to one of the following:
Core
Idle
Movement
Action

All of these are priorities, and you can overlap the current animation by:

1. Having the “about-to-be-played” animation as a higher priority
  2. Play it on top of the current animation, as long as if the priority is the same as the current animation or higher.
1 Like