Custom Character Weird Jumping Issue

Hello,

I’ve recently made a custom character, one problem is when jumping, the start impulse is about 15 and then when reaching the point where you don’t accelerate upward or downward due to gravity, the game magically forces you at a velocity of 11 without smoothing from 0.

This is only an issue on this character, it’s held together by WeldConstraints not Motor6Ds, as this is mainly a test.

My character is not allowed to move while in the air, for some reason it’s letting me move while still in mid air. This is an issue only for jumping. Any ideas or questions to aid me in solving this would be greatly appreciated while I catch some sleep.

Thank you.

1 Like

We can’t tell much if you don’t show us the script though.

Copy/Paste the code here with 3 backticks (```) before and after it so it formats properly in your post.

Are you using acceleration based gravity? Because it will automatically do the “smoothing” for you. And roblox already has a physics engine.

The script doesn’t affect jumping, it just tells the character to jump, and the movement being disabled just won’t let you change movement.

The problem only persists when the HipHeight is greater than 0.

But if your script is telling it to jump you may not be doing it correctly. That’s why you should share the script with us.
It’s probably something that looks fine to you, but someone with more experience in custom welded characters will be able to point out.
Where is your HumanoidRootPart located (if you have one) in the player? is the bottom of it at the standard ‘HipHeight’ of a normal avatar?

It’s just setting the humanoid’s state, I’m using the same script as I was before. This is an issue with the HipHeight, when I used my previous character (r6 not skinned mesh), it was jumping fine at 0 hipheight but when I set it to 2 or 3 it started having the same problems.