Custom characters on terrain slope help

Currently i am working on a game that has custom characters, normally quadrupeds (4 legs), i have animations in place for all movements and use the UserInputService to handle the controls to the Humanoid in the character. the problem i’m running into is that we are using a terrain map, and the characters are always trying to force themselves to be level at all times, making certain layouts of terrain slopes impossible to navigate. what would be a better way to move the characters and to get them to follow the terrains shape instead of always being level when moving on slopes?

2 Likes

A question similar to this has been asked before. Try and see if this solves your problem:

1 Like

that looks to exactly solve my issue, i,m surprised i missed that while searching for the solution first before i posted
Edit: unfortunately…while it would work for a part, detecting terrain slope apparently cannot be performed this way.so sadly, my issue is still a valid question. this may be a good step in the right direction

2 Likes

I have the same problem, what he’s trying to achieve is something like this; this is @Tomarty’s game, but this is an example

3 Likes