Custom Chat Editor [UPDATE IS OUT!]

Yes! I am planning to add all of the Settings. There is barely settings and 0.2 may come out :slight_smile:

It’s from a script, you can set variables to whether you want to enable some chat settings

What do you mean? Do you mean how it works?

If you have some screenshots it would help us to see what are the features of the custom chat. and probably it will make your API be more interesting.

You know… sometimes people are lazy to use your API for just testing purposes, so, having a screenshot will be a helpful.

2 Likes

You should add some documentation and photos of what this plugin can do. It’ll make it much more professional and explain to the customer what they’re getting.

-- MAIN (LOCAL SCRIPT)
local Chat = game:GetService("Chat")

local Classic_ChatEnabled = true; -- ClasicChat
local Bubble_ChatEnabled = false; -- BubbleChat
local Show_Channels = false; -- ShowChannels

local Window_Draggable = false; -- WindowDraggable
local Window_Resizeable = false; -- WindowResizeable
local ShowFriendsJoinMessage = true;

-- This only displays the normal ones but updates may add more settings.
Chat:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function()
	return {
		ClassicChatEnabled = Classic_ChatEnabled;
		BubbleChatEnabled = Bubble_ChatEnabled;
		ShowChannelsBar = Show_Channels;
		WindowDraggable = Window_Draggable;
		WindowResizeable = Window_Resizeable;
		ShowFriendJoinNotification = ShowFriendsJoinMessage;
	}
end)
-- LOADER (NORMAL SCRIPT)

script.Parent.Parent:FindFirstChild("MainScript").Parent = game.StarterPlayer.StarterPlayerScripts
warn("Loaded Custom Chat Editor!")
wait(1)
script.Parent:Destroy()

It’s fairly simple but still works so you don’t have to manually change it. How it works:

Chat:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function() 
      return {
      Thingy = true;
      Thingy2 = true;
}
end)

It’s self explanatory, if you don’t understand, visit this forum: Changing chat type and other chat settings without forking

Checkout a post like this: Augment your game with Nametag+ They have really good documentation for the product your getting. Please do something like this! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Does this chat editor implement a safechat filter? Would be helpful to already have that setup, will def check this out!

Hey, what does ‘Safe Chat Filter’ mean? I think I could add it

The safe chat filter is the thing that makes the tags, for example, if I swore in a game it would show up as ##### instead of “fudge”. Most custom chats will forget this and, if reported will get the game banned. It is pretty simple to add though as I have not seen the model I don’t know how you would implement it.

This only lets you edit chat settings, but I’m working ona chatgui.

I mean you can use the scripts from the safe chat, instead of using a complete separate database which would take a longer time.

Simple, useful, and easy to use, it’s great.

Thank you! I’m planning to add few more settings (Few = all of them)

VERSION 0.2 IS OUT!!

Added:

A bit more of settings. I will add the rest in 0.3! Please, if there’s any bugs, tell me!

Model: Custom Chat Editor - Roblox

1 Like

Are you going to add an admin chat? Like only certain players can access “chat 1”, other players can access “chat 2”, and other-other players can access both? Or is it just going to be customizing the base chat? Not the different chat groups.

Hmm… I don’t really know because theres no settings for that I know of …

Like :addchannel and using tables with that. So a script not a setting.

Yes, I know how to make ChatCommands. I will learn how to and maybe ad it.

Can you @ me when or if your are doing .3